Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 01:19 AM   #496
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Winter Heat (Blazing Frontier #3) by Jane Bonander (Pocket 1996)

Quote:
Desperate to escape a dark past, Dinah Odell will do anything, even risk her freedom by posing as a nurse and accepting a job to care for Tristan Fletcher's mentally fragile sister. She thinks she's prepared for anything, except the sensitive, generous, and mysterious man behind the facade that Tristan Fletcher presents to the world.

With a dark past of his own, Tristan survived the barbs of childhood by closing his heart off from the rest of the world. He sees something similar in Dinah, a desire to flee, and it sparks his desire to protect her. To marry her, even. But to love her? When Dinah's secret past is revealed, it threatens to ruin everything she and Tristan have worked so hard to create. Will it tear them apart, or strengthen their bond even more?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #497
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Freebie

A Kiss in the Dark by Tiffany White (Harlequin Temptation 1994)

Quote:
To supplement her meager salary as a book editor, Brittany Astor answers an ad to read aloud for a client. Expecting a nice little old lady, Brittany is shocked to instead find notorious playboy Ethan Moss. Temporarily blinded, Ethan was in hiding.

It is the perfect opportunity for a shy book editor to live out her fantasy of having a wild fling with the man of her erotic dreams.

But how will she bear it when the fantasy ends and Ethan no longer needs her?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 AM   #498
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

Twin Willows by Kay Cornelius (HarperTorch 1999)

Quote:
Graduating from her prim Philadelphia finishing school, Anna Willow McKnight eagerly heads west to the wilds of the Kentucky territory to see her father and visit the place her lovely Delaware Indian mother, who died in childbirth, had called home. It is there, too, that the chestnut-haired beauty will be reunited with her beloved Stuart, the brave soldier-turned-schoolteacher, whose kisses ignite her with overwhelming desire.

But frontier life holds promise and peril far greater than any Anna could ever imagine. The growing conflict between native tribes and white settlers threatens to erupt in bloodshed. And in this untamed land is a sister Anna doesn't even know exists, a twin named Willow, hidden at birth and raised among the Indians.

As settlers and Indians clash, fate will bring Anna together with her unknown sister...and lead her to a passion beyond her wildest fantasies.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:26 AM   #499
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

The Water Nymph (Arboretti Family #2) by Michele Jaffe (Pocket Star 2001)

Quote:
Crispin Foscari, one of Queen Elizabeth's most trusted spies, leaves nothing to chance. So he's surprised when he's informed he has two weeks to clear his name of an accusation of treason, or face the executioner's noose.

Sophie Champion is a hero to women of London, dedicating her seemingly endless resources to helping free them from bondage to men. But when her investigation into the death of her beloved godfather brings her to the attention of Crispin Foscari, known as "The Earl of Scandal", under precarious circumstances, she is suddenly the one who needs liberating.

Even as his mind warns him to stay away from the the seductive siren, Crispin proposes a wager. Working together they pit their wits against a calculating enemy by day, and fight their searing attraction at night. As they inch closer to identifying the killer they grow closer to one another. Until finally their passion explodes—with deadly consequences.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:28 AM   #500
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

Quinn by Sally Mandel (Dell 1979)

Quote:
Headstrong and beautiful Quinn Mallory makes the impulsive decision to offer herself as the first prize in a college contest. Will Ingraham applies in verse, and wins the prize. Their personalities couldn’t be more different, but a true love blossoms between them that, they believe, will last forever. Until Quinn’s dreams of a career in the big city collide with Will’s longing for a quiet life together in his Idaho home –leaving Quinn to choose between the life she wants and the man she loves, and neither choice feeling like the right one.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #501
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

No Brighter Dream (Pascal #3) by Katherine Kingsley (Topaz 1994)

Quote:
Andre de Saint-Simon has no intentions of protecting Ali, the young woman whose life he saved, for long. As determined as Ali is to stay by his side, Andre is equally determined that they should continue their travels independently. But when he discovers Ali is actually the long-lost daughter of his mentor, Andre feels obligated to return her to England before moving on, alone.

Ali knows that it is her destiny to be with Andre. A clever matchmaker, Ali carefully orchestrates an arranged marriage for Andre – to Ali herself! Now bound together in matrimony, Ali and Andre are forced to match wits with an unexpected enemy and dance around their obvious desire before surrendering to deep passions they never knew existed
Old 02-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #502
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

Heat Wave by Sara Orwig (Loveswept 1984)

Quote:
Marilee O’Neil isn’t one to turn down a challenge, not even when it’s to pilot a friend’s hot air balloon in a race. But when she’s forced to change course and make an unexpected landing on a wheat farm, Marilee’s overconfidence gets the better of her, and she ends up in the middle of a swimming pool, giving the handsome sunbathing farmer quite a shock! But Cole Chandler takes surprise in stride, gallantly rescuing Marilee from her soggy landing, and instantly setting her body afire. Though Marilee tries to resist their growing attraction, she can’t deny that it isn’t just the summer heat that has her on the edge.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #503
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Gah! Re: Jasinda Wilder-The Ever Trilogy, I'm on book 2 and I know where it's headed, and I'm not going to like it, but I love the writing so I also know I'll read it and go on to book 3. Just be warned, this is a very hard/sad read [with a moral dilemma] and I'm pretty sure most will not like where the story goes.
I have found that some YA and NA books don't actually have an HEA which really makes me mad. I don't know if that applies here, but one has to be very careful these days with some of the books out there. I'm talking about stories where you get sucked into loving a couple and one of them dies (!) or they aren't together at the end. There may be another book about the same people off with someone else, but those scenarios just don't work for me. I'm pretty open as to what qualifies as a romance, but it has to have an HEA, even if it comes over a couple of books.

As I said, I'm not exactly sure if that's what you're implying in the case of Jasinda Wilder, but this pet peeve has been on my mind so I decided to vent.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #504
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I feel like it's Christmas and apesmom is Santa! Thank you for all the good freebies apesmom!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #505
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
I have found that some YA and NA books don't actually have an HEA which really makes me mad. I don't know if that applies here, but one has to be very careful these days with some of the books out there. I'm talking about stories where you get sucked into loving a couple and one of them dies (!) or they aren't together at the end. There may be another book about the same people off with someone else, but those scenarios just don't work for me. I'm pretty open as to what qualifies as a romance, but it has to have an HEA, even if it comes over a couple of books.

As I said, I'm not exactly sure if that's what you're implying in the case of Jasinda Wilder, but this pet peeve has been on my mind so I decided to vent.
I understand what you're saying and I know quite a few people here have the same sentiment. I've gotten used to it in a sense as probably half my reading is entrenched in NA. I don't mind, as long as I get a full book [not 100 pages], and I go along with it if the writing/story is good.

In regards to this series, both book 1 and 2 left you on a definite cliffhanger. But like I said, they were beautifully written and I'm moving on to book 3 this weekend because I just have to know how it ends.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #506
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post

I'm a sucker for that genre. Also I think the romance-books indulgent side of me has emerged by looking over this thread.

The synopsis of Talk of the Town looks great. I think that I actually dig books that have the leads coming together to form a healthy relationship with each other. Although I have to admit I can't escape the historical dukes, counts and other royal/ton romance stories and all its flair/drama.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #507
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie

Heat Wave by Sara Orwig (Loveswept 1984)
Good doggie. Thanks!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #508
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Kindle Freebie

Quinn by Sally Mandel (Dell 1979)
I vaguely recall reading this in the early 80s when I was in middle school. The fact that I remember it at all means it was probably good. So I bought it.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #509
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Kindle Freebie

A Kiss in the Dark by Tiffany White (Harlequin Temptation 1994)
Thank you. I have this book in Spanish from the nineties or early 2000, and it's one of my favorites Temptation (it was the Spanish collection), so it's nice to have it in ebook.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #510
apesmom
Wizard

Wow, something for everyone today!

BTW, all the freebies were from Diversion Books, we'll to keep an eye on them. I know I had several of theirs from a previous batch of freebies.