Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #3661
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
Ok, now it works.
I did the following steps, I don`t know, which one was the necessary:
- I chose 'Use External File for CSS-Tags' (I did this also the last times)
- I chose the "Vollkorn"-type
- I installed the new "extern.zip" (like Analogus wrote #3655)
- I emptied the "style.css" (#3657)
- I reset the userdefinied .CSS (I only know the german menupoint "Setze benutzerded.
CSS zurück)

Now it works fine, but, like Analogus wrote, only with some .epubs.
E.g.
- "Dante Alighieri, Die göttliche Komödie" works perfect (source: Kindleshop .azw with
calibre to .epub)
- "Eco, Der Friedhof von Prag" does not work --> after touching "line heigh" the screen
refreshes but no change BUT it does not stay marked! (source: official epub-release)

Scipio
Can you get an unencrypted copy of the CSS from the ePub that does not work and attach it here?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #3662
Scipio
Scipio began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
@ JSWolf
Call me paranoid but I don`t know, if I should attach files of an official release online...
But after I ziped the epub and opened it, I found in the "styles"-folder 51 *.css files, some of them differs.
PM for more...
Scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #3663
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
the "reset userdefined css-file" option solved all my problems (with the ZORK version for 350)
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #3664
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
@ JSWolf
Call me paranoid but I don`t know, if I should attach files of an official release online...
But after I ziped the epub and opened it, I found in the "styles"-folder 51 *.css files, some of them differs.
PM for more...
The CSS is not the actual content of the ePub. It's not going to get you in trouble. I would not be asking for it if you would be getting in trouble.

51 CSS files? Is this from the copy on your reader or the original copy before being put on the reader?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #3665
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
first of all, I'd like to thank all of you who're responsible for the PRS+ customization. Reading PDF files on my son prs 650 feels great now! Well-done!

something I noticed - it's not really an issue, though perhaps it could be fixed: say I open a PDF file, select "zoom in" from the reader menu (and leave the text size set on "S" - both bottom of the screen on the sony), adjust the zoom + click on "lock" (top of the screen). It works great, particularly because PRS+ lets you drag the text up & down without having to unlock it every time.

The thing is that - when I get to the end of any PDF file page, and want to turn page, I need to click on the "keyboard" (external to the screen) "<>" dedicated button. Now, if I click on "<" (go to the previous page), it's all right. If I click on ">" (go to the following page), the reader shows the beginning of the page I'm alread on for some 5/10 secs (the page looks half off screen), then the screen flashes and shows next page half of screen. The size is still as it I've zoomed it to, but I need to drag it back to fill up the screen.

Any idea? Thanks!
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #3666
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi All

New ZORK-Versions online. Some bugs have been removed, code partly rewritten. File for CSS-tags moved into /CSS/extern.css

Cruzial point is the file 'extern.css'. Add new tags there to make more ebooks formatable.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #3667
Scipio

Hi Analogus,
the new version works on my 650.
And the line-high etc. works now also on the tested epub (Eco, Friedhof von Prag), which did not work on the last version.
(Also it seems to me, that the intensity of the effects differs on different books.)

Thanx for your work and efforts!
Scipio
Old 04-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #3668
lemko
lemko began at the beginning.

Device: prs650
@Analogus
I've just updated to rev90 of your zork firmware and two issues are bugging me.

1) in books view, instead of marking new books, it marks already read ones with a tick and i can't figure out how to turn this off. nvm, figured it out :x
2) after pushing 'OPTIONS' button to display that popup menu thingie, everything except statusbar and said menu goes completely white, is this WAD?

thanks,

also, those Line-Height and Font-Size settings override my FontsAsInLRF.css file and revert me to the default Sony font. after reapplying it from the context menu everything's ok.

Last edited by lemko; 04-26-2012 at 08:25 AM.
lemko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #3669
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi all (incl. Scipio and lemko)

Intensity of effects:

Yes, I know this behaviour. This has obviously nothing to do with the way the ZORK-Edition applies the CSS-formatting. It's a problem of CSS & Ebooks. I recognized this behaviour in various ebooks when applying CSS-files directly over options in 'normal' PRS+.
And this behaviour is the reason for the stepping of the (fin-grained) font-size-setting option: the first stepps are very narrow, the last steps more wide to cope with this effect.

If you have some idea or glue how to manage it with CSS-code - don't hesitate to inform us ;-)

Overriding CSS-definitions:

Yes, that could be the case. To make a long story short:

1) If problems/unusal results occur apply the formating once more.
2) If problems don't vaporize - reset CSS-formatting over options and apply settings again.
3) apply settings again even when options seems to be allready set.

White screen:

No, this behaviour is not intended. I presumeI know the reason (but I don't have this bug on my 350) and will bring an update (I think it has something to do with the compression of the icons...).
Scipio - do you suffer this problem too?

A.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #3670
Scipio

@ Analogus
No, I have no problem.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #3671
Analogus
Fanatic

Thanks. I could not reproduce this (assumed) bug.

A.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #3672
imageraw
Connoisseur

just "bumping" if anyone has the chance - whenever - to look at the issue re: my latest post? thank you!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #3673
Analogus
Fanatic

Did you test it with more than one PDF?
I cannot reproduce this problem on my reader. Some PDF's have huge time-lags when turning pages. Maybe this could be a reason.

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 04-27-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #3674
imageraw
Connoisseur

Analogus you're actually right - I tried about twenty different PDFs - all articles - and the response varies from quick to kind of slow to very slow. They have only one thing in common: after zooming the page and dragging in down with the stylus to read it + pressing the page-forward button, the top of this very page is shown first. After that, the following page appears (zoomed though half off screen). If I zoom but do not drag the page down and press the page-forward button, this does not happen + the following page appears correctly centred...
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #3675
Analogus
Fanatic

imageraw:

I tried to reproduce your problem a second time but did not succeed. My PRS350 does not have this behaviour. Wether the option to preserve the position of the PDF when paging is set or not set.
Sorry I cannot help.

I do not think that this has something to do with your problem: but I use my own PRS+ - version which behaves different in various ways. In case of zooming in a push on the zpoom-button directly switches to the pan-mode without need to activate it with the'lock-button.

Hi all:

New version of ZORK-Edition online. Bug with non-transparent dialoges (thanks lemko for reply) removed.

A.