Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 03:42 AM   #451
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen 2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
First image is automatically added as cover.
Upload ready file with Calibre (But don't convert it!) to get better cover quality.
Thanks for ur quick answer. However, is there any chance to create cover with height and width which are same as other purchased kindle book? Mine is shorter.

I would like to ask some more question as follows:
1/ how to run source code with command line rather than GUI? I have installed a lastest version of Kindegen 2.9, python 3.4, pillow newest. But I cannot run the comic2book.py (error) and any py files in kcc 3.6 source code. I fail in windows 8 but in osx i can run py but cannot install pillow. How to solve it?

2/ where to download source code of older versions of kcc and kindlegen?I would like to use kcc 2.6 or 3.6 in command to create old mobi format (mobi7)

3/ could I use calibre to edit metadata? Because mobiperl has jot osx version. Any softwares to change mobi metadata without using calibre?

4/ about pdf, is there anyway to create cover which can be shown on kindle devices?

Hope to hear ur answer. Thanks a lot!
hatde130113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:01 AM   #452
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
When you upload it with Calibre size should match.

1. To run command line version use kcc-c2e.py (I need update README :-P). Command line version create only EPUB/CBZ files. Rest of process is automated only in GUI version.

2. Don't use older KCC version. Make EPUB with GUI or commandline version and convert it with newest KindleGen. You will get hybrid MOBI7+KF8+SOURCE file that can be cut to MOBI7 only.

3. I highly recommend to DON'T edit MOBI created by GUI KCC. Tools don't know how to handle comic headers and in many cases editing will corrupt file. If you make EPUB and covert it manually with kindlegen you also can't edit it with Calibre or any other tool as they can't edit both headers in hybrid files.

4. No idea.

Tell me exactly what you want to achieve. Then maybe I'll be able to point you in the right direction

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-14-2014 at 04:05 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #453
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks for your quick reponse. I am satisfied with ur answer. I would like to achieve a manga in kindle mobi format with standard cover (use calibre to upload as you said), same quality as source file, no margin at all and have TOC for each chapter that my kindle can access through "Go to" tab. If using source file rather than GUI, could i edit metadata? Could you send me old binary version for osx? Maybe Kcc 3.0-3.6.
How to cut files into mobi7, kf8 and source as you said? Mobi files generated by kcc that already through kindlegen or not?
Hope you could help me!

Last edited by hatde130113; 03-14-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:29 AM   #454
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK. Use GUI version. Enabling Stretch should remove margins almost completly but it will also disturb image ratio. IMHO enabling Upscaling is better. If you planning to use zoom experiment with HQ (It is little buggy now. I would wait for new KCC version.) or Ultra mode (It create very big files.).

As input use CBZ/CBR/CB7 file with ComicRack metadata.
Use proper file structure inside input file - In this case TOC will be generated automatically.

And upload it with Calibre to get HQ cover.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:47 AM   #455
hatde130113
Enthusiast

How to get mobi7, mobi8 seperately as you said?
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #456
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

KCC GUI is doing that split automatically. Newer Kindle profiles create KF8 file. Old ones MOBI7.
Why you need old format?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:06 AM   #457
hatde130113
Enthusiast

In processing mobi of kcc, I see mobi8 but how to get it? The final file of kcc is mobi7 or 8?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:08 AM   #458
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

KCC output for all new Kindle models is KF8. There is no MOBI8.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #459
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatde130113 View Post
In processing mobi of kcc, I see mobi8 but how to get it? The final file of kcc is mobi7 or 8?
You're getting your terminology a little confused. "MOBI7" is KF8.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #460
hatde130113
Enthusiast

how to get old mobi format with newest kcc gui?
About TOC, https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/wi...tput-splitting is ok.
But if using comicrack, I should download comicrack to install and put mobi file ? right?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #461
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Why you need old format?

No. You need add metadata with ComicRack to input file - CBZ/CBR/CB7.
And then convert it with KCC.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #462
hatde130113
Enthusiast

I did it. Thanks a lot for two metadata editing methods. I have all I need. Thanks a lot! I am using KF8 and forget old mobi format as your advice.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #463
hatde130113
Enthusiast

I have other problem with unicode font with vietnamese even though it shows well on kindle preview. Could you help me adding new fonts to paperwhite 2?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #464
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I can't help you with that.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #465
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You need to embed a Vietnamese font in your book. Ask on the Calibre forum for more information on how to do this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools