Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
fromagex
fromagex began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Pocket Edge not turning on- New user.

Hello all. Just received my unit from Woot today and have been excited about it for days. I charged it for about 3 hours and then got anxious to play around and see it in action. I unplugged it and slid the button to on. I get a green light that turns on and....nothing. My LCD screen remains black and the E-ink side static page remains. I wait, thinking there is initial boot time, nothing happens for 2-3 minutes. I turn it off and on again, green light, nothing else. Tried resetting, still no luck. I try a few more times and got frustrated. I fear I got a dud.

Is there any troubleshooting I should know about or any advice? Thanks in advance.
fromagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi fromagex!

First thing to try is letting it finish charging. You can try to use it while it is charging if you want.

I think some people in the past had to let it charge overnight before theirs would work, but I may be wrong.

It is possible you got a dud, but I wouldn't give up just yet.

Someone more knowledgeable than I should be along shortly to help you more.

Good luck!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
fromagex

And it has turned on finally, after continually turning it off and on. Here's hoping it is not a problem forever.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
kstan
kstan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
@fromagex I'm having the same problem... Was it plugged in when you were finally able to turn it on?

EDIT: literally 2 minutes after posting that it turned on... lol. It was not plugged in (if that makes a difference or not, I don't know).

Last edited by kstan; 07-07-2011 at 05:50 PM.
kstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
fromagex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstan View Post
@fromagex I'm having the same problem... Was it plugged in when you were finally able to turn it on?
For what it's worth, mine was. Good to see yours turned on too though.
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whew!!

Now let's hope you both have fully functioning units from now on!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
kstan
kstan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
I seem to have the same problem again... I even turned it off before to make sure it turned right back on, and it did. But now, a couple hours later of it charging, it doesn't want to turn on. Ideas...?
kstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #8
Filark

Hi kstan!

This may sound silly, but it has happened to more than one person: Make sure your charger is not plugged into the headphone jack by mistake.

If that's not the problem I don't know what to suggest beyond charging it overnight.

Anybody else have ideas??
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
when you turn it on do you hold the power switch in the turn on directon or just flick it? Some devices are picky in this...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I'm having a similar problem... I tried to turn off the PE and the LCD went black and the E-Ink screen is stopped on the last page I was reading. On/off switch does nothing. I was wondering if anyone has outlined a recovery process for this situation. Can the covers be removed and the battery disconnected? Hopefully this will allow the CPU to recycle.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
I'm having a similar problem... I tried to turn off the PE and the LCD went black and the E-Ink screen is stopped on the last page I was reading. On/off switch does nothing. I was wondering if anyone has outlined a recovery process for this situation. Can the covers be removed and the battery disconnected? Hopefully this will allow the CPU to recycle.
Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks
Ensure it is fully charged (power connector inserted into the power recepticle NOT the head phone jack);
1) Slide power switch
2) Power light should be green
3) Insert paperclip into the reset hole next to the USB port and push "GENTLY".
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Thanks, GunnerP245. I had tried all of those steps, before I put in my message. I guess that I got nervous, when the reset with the paperclip failed. Finally, I let the unit sit for 2 hours and tried the power switch and it came on from a cold start, but all is operating properly now. I did notice that the battery level dropped quite quickly after it returned to normal operation. I am charging the unit now and will monitor it's battery life tomorrow.

Thanks, again...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote