Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Unhappy HELP, I've messed up my K3!

I tried to install the font hack on my K3 and now it's totally messed up. I can't open any books, it tells me to delete and redownload. But the thing that's really bothering me is when I click on Home, then Menu/Settings, it doesn't take me to the screen with my name and registration info. I want to do a Reset to Factory Defaults, but I can't even get to that menu so I can choose it! Can anybody help???
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Try these instructions as posted by NiLuJe but before you do you may want to use the USB cable and copy your documents folder to your computer because all your content will be wiped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
, do a hard restart (~15s slide with the Kindle unplugged), and hold the [HOME] button while it boots 'till a screen asking you to type RESET appears. Do this. It'll wipe your Kindle (and disable any non-permanent hacks [ie. fonts/ss]). If it's still quirky after that, something's definitely wrong, and not because of the hacks.
?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bless you for answering. I need to go to bed but I can't sleep until I try something! I'm going to try your suggestion.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have felt the stress of a font hack gone wrong. Luckily, the factory reset has always worked for me. Once you get your K2 up and running maybe I can help you with the font hack.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
PG4003
Addict

Well, that didn't work. When I hold in the HOME key while it's starting, the line goes across the page with the boy under the tree, then it hangs up there. Just sits there like that.
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Hmmm. Can you tell which instructions you were following for your font hack? Also, after a normal 15 second reset, will your Kindle boot to the home page? What firmware is your K2 running?

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-16-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
PG4003
Addict

OK, there is a God! It finally worked. I did the Reset to Factory Defaults. All is well. Now all I have to do is reload all my books. Thanks so much for your help.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
PG4003
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Hmmm. Can you tell which instructions you were following for your font hack? Also, after a normal 15 second reset, will your Kindle boot to the home page? What firmware is your K2 running?
I'm actually using a K3. Only had it for about 2 weeks! I used to have a K2, sold it and got the K3. I'm telling you, after I get all my books loaded back on it, no more hacks for me!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I'm actually using a K3. Only had it for about 2 weeks! I used to have a K2, sold it and got the K3. I'm telling you, after I get all my books loaded back on it, no more hacks for me!
Sorry, I saw K2 as your device under your name and ran with it even though you clearly wrote K3 in your first post.

I'm glad you got it fixed but I really would be happy to help you with the font hack should you change your mind.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
OK, there is a God! It finally worked. I did the Reset to Factory Defaults. All is well. Now all I have to do is reload all my books. Thanks so much for your help.
If you copied your documents folder to your computer, you just have to copy it back to the K3 and let it index while you sleep peacefully.