Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #91
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Oh, you responded on this thread. Sorry for the delay in response.

It is definitely not a DNS hang, as I was pinging an IP address not a hostname. I ran ping -V and got "invalid option" and "BusyBox v1.7.2 (2012-09-01 14:15:22 PDT) multi-call binary" along with a usage listing.

When I tried strace I got a not found error, so no help there.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #92
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Oh, you responded on this thread. Sorry for the delay in response.

It is definitely not a DNS hang, as I was pinging an IP address not a hostname. I ran ping -V and got "invalid option" and "BusyBox v1.7.2 (2012-09-01 14:15:22 PDT) multi-call binary" along with a usage listing.

When I tried strace I got a not found error, so no help there.

Dave
OK - that helps - -

Your using the ping utility provided by BusyBox -
Options are probably different -
just enter the command 'ping' and it should list its option set.

The strace not found -
It isn't a normal part of the Amazon file system, you have to add it.
twobob uses (used) it a lot, I am not sure if we built it for the K3 DX(G) but we probably did.

It would have been at least a year, maybe two years ago that we built it (it was one of the first things twobob and I did).

PS: Update the device list in your info box.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #93
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
My info box has the devices correct, which is why I posted to the other thread after realizing I had posted in this thread incorrectly. My device is a Kindle 3 with 3.4 software.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #94
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
My info box has the devices correct, which is why I posted to the other thread after realizing I had posted in this thread incorrectly. My device is a Kindle 3 with 3.4 software.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave
OK -
I am sure we built strace for the K3.
It is posted somewhere around here.
(or maybe someone can re-build and post it again)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #95
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, it's probably posted somewhere, if it's not, I'll throw a build for you.

... And probably dump it in the USBNetwork bag, because it keeps popping up ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #96
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Anyone care to upload OP's KindleTerm.azw2? Cheers.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #97
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Ah, it appears at one point someone deleted this thread and removed all the attachments.

But see post #68
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #98
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Ah, it appears at one point someone deleted this thread and removed all the attachments.

But see post #68
See what exactly in post #68 ?!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-08-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #99
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

post #68

The Github repo three posts down from post #65
Old 09-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #100
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
post #68

The Github repo three posts down from post #65
I did have this one but doesn't this one (kindletermpv.azw2) differ from original one (kindleterm.azw2)?!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:41 PM   #101
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Well, I installed ant and log4j, futzed around until I got WTK figured out, and eventually came up with this -- built from the OP's github repo.

You tell me if it works as expected.
Attached Files
File Type: azw2 KindleTERM.azw2 (165.4 KB, 330 views)
Old 09-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #102
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Well, I installed ant and log4j, futzed around until I got WTK figured out, and eventually came up with this -- built from the OP's github repo.

You tell me if it works as expected.
Thank you. At the moment, my DXG doesn't show any of the AZWs I have (not even KUAL!!!)...

And after restart, it says your Kindle can't run test apps anymore or something like that... Should be a breeze with this though.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-08-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #103
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

That is correct MKK -- and predecessors -- has always needed to be reinstalled after a deregistration cycle. It's bundled with the touchscreen-devices jailbreak, though, which means most people just need to restart the Kindle.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #104
thatworkshop
hub

Yup, had to manually install it, as Update via menu was always grayed out!

Well, still no dice!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #105
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@idoit: Is that on a DXG running 2.5 or 3.x? And which MKK package was that?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote