Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
U.S. Availability of DR800SG

Not sure what is happening, but the 800 is no longer available on the Best Buy website and the U.S. iRex homepage link for Best Buy is broken. Hopefully it's just an out of stock situation, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't still have it available to order. Has anyone heard anything about a different distribution strategy?
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Hopefully they are preparing for the V2.0 firmware release. :-)
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
When you search for irex on bestbuy an ad comes up showing off its specs. So I would imagine that they are just catching up on back orders. Or hopefully getting ready to stock them in stores. My order was backordered for 2-3 weeks when I ordered but I just canceled it and got one off ebay for cheaper due to shipping.
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
stevedw
stevedw began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Interestingly, a few weeks back my DR800SG had developed a screen problem. iRex told me to take it to Best Buy. I figured they'd just send it off and I'd see it again someday. Instead they refunded my money(originally purchased from BestBuy.com) and told me I could just get one off the shelf if I wanted a replacement. Sure enough, I went over to where they had the Sony eReaders, and down on a bottom shelf there was one lone DR800SG, which I bought. First time I had ever seen them in store.
stevedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Happ
Enthusiast
Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Bebook
The issue still stands: Best Buy is not selling the 800, nor accepting back orders. Strange, to say the least.
Happ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
nprnncbl
nprnncbl began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
So, is there any place to buy it in the US now?
nprnncbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
No, Best Buy is the exclusive distributor in the U.S.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #8
CoolDragon
Addict

I bought mine from CAR TOYS online, but it is showing out of stock currently.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #9
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
I bought mine from CAR TOYS online, but it is showing out of stock currently.
Same here (link to product page). For a time you could order from CAR TOYS via Amazon.com listing as well. It seems to be out of stock everywhere in the US now, however.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
nprnncbl
nprnncbl began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
My hope is that this is just preparation for rolling out version 2 of the software. :-)
nprnncbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #11
Happ
Enthusiast
Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Bebook
BTW, does iRex talk wirelessly to the computer, the way iLiad does?
Happ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
how come irex only has renders on there site - so people actually have this device - why doesnt Irex sell direct like the other devices it has - Irex baffles me
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #13
CoolDragon
Addict

Yeah, IREX seems to be a company only knows how to design a product, but doesn't know how to sell it.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #14
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Yeah, IREX seems to be a company only knows how to design a product, but doesn't know how to sell it.
ive owned and iliad and a dr1000, and while solid machines i always felt they were testing me when it came to buying them both on price point a degree of difficulty
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:23 AM   #15
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Maybe they haven't been selling well in the US and are being withdrawn?
Has there been a very bad review somewhere?

This is my first eReader and my experience so far has been a bit clunky to say the least and I work in the IT industry and am probably more techie and patient with issues than the average consumer.

Anyway, Americans if you want to buy, you still can; Pixmania in the UK has them, and some online outlets in Germany and Netherlands.

Personally I had to order my (rubbish) cover from the US because there is no decent one on sale in Europe as far as I can tell.

I emailed Mobil Edge to ask when they are going to make a better leather cover for DR800 . They said they had NO plans of any more covers for this model.
Do they know something we don't?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote