Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
rtgjeg
rtgjeg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Am I doing something wrong?

I imported a bunch of html ebooks into the caliber library. I converted the books over to mobi format. I then clicked on send to device (I have a fifth generation kindle). When the job is finished and I click on the device button, the books show up on the device. All seems well in the world, right? WRONG! When I unplug the kindle and choose the kindle button on the device, the books do not show up. When I plug the device into my computer, and browse the folders on the device, the books are indeed there. They are on the device in the documents folder. Has anyone else observed this phenomena. If so, do you know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Richard T. Greves [Promotional link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-13-2015 at 07:28 PM.
rtgjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Your profile says you have a Kindle Fire, but your post implies you have the K4NT?

It is possible the indexer has jammed on a badly formatted book (though that generally doesn't happen with calibre-converted books).
Try converting to AZW3 instead.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Did you MOVE the ebooks into the Documents file on the Kindle? You wont See them until you do...
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
rtgjeg
rtgjeg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Try converting to AZW3 instead.
This seemed to work, the books show up now. Thanks.
rtgjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Thought it might, AZW3 is just generally a more advanced and reliable format.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Kindle = e-ink reader Mobi Format
Fire = Amazon Tablet AZW3 Format.

hummm
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:46 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Kindle = e-ink reader Mobi Format
Fire = Amazon Tablet AZW3 Format.
Anything K3 (Keyboard) and on supports AZW3 on the eInk side just fine.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote