Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 05:28 AM   #421
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
The key word being 'think'.

I thought I might like the bigger screen size going from a 6" to 6.8" (I had a Glo and tried an Aura HD and H2O). In practice, I kept the 6".
I miss my H2O 😦

I ended up exchanging it for a Voyage. Which is beautiful. But I really miss my H2o.
I imported it from Chapters Canada and it was absolutely perfect, I then went on a journey of buying and returning about 4 h2os from Australia, each of them with a terrible screen. Which made me vow to never buy a kobo again....

That being said, in my opinion, if I could exchange my voyage for a perfect h2o,i would. I've been thinking of importing another one from Canada, actually...
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:35 AM   #422
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I presume, mostly for portability reasons. ...
Nope.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #423
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I presume, mostly for portability reasons.
If they had devices with significantly smaller borders, they could get a 6.8" screen fitted in current 6" devices.

I'm sure if a 9" device comes out on a 4,5" device (screen folded), that a lot of people would find it an interesting device as well!
If it had much smaller borders, where is one suppose to hold the device then. You have to be able to grab it somehow without turning the pages. It will need to be a hover kindle then.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #424
Steve H
Connoisseur
Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, Paperwhite, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
When the first rumors about the Voyage came out (the Ice Wine rumors) Techcrunch said we were supposed to get it in the summer. The device was delayed until fall, possibly due to production issues.

And then we got the new Paperwhite in the summer.

So you could be right.
Well I put my two cents worth in and sent Kindle Feedback and Jeff Bezos an email requesting:
1) A larger size option
2) More storage/removable storage
3) Font weight control, more fonts and font sizes
Actually got a form letter reply that my requests are invited and reviewed by the kindle team. I gave rationale for each request...who knows-someone may actually read it and/or consider it.
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote