Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I still say Balmer's an idiot! :)

slamming Android on the day new OS/phones released.

Ballmer slams Android as 'cheap,' doomed, as Android lengthens its lead by two big steps
Ice Cream Sandwich is cool; NSA/Army Android mod will outsrip Blackberry security
By Kevin Fogarty

October 19, 2011, 1:29 PM — Microsoft's Steve Ballmer picked the wrong day to try to build up the image of market trailer Windows Phone 7 by trash-talking Android for what he called its overly complex interface, the "cheap" phones it runs on and its inevitable domination by an upcoming wave of marginally improved hardware running Windows Phone.

At the Web. 2.0 Summit in San Francisco this morning, Ballmer said both the phones and interface customers get with Microsoft's phone OS are just better than anything Android offers. It's not his fault he did it on a day Android took another two big steps forward to lengthen its already big lead over Microsoft's offering.

"The biggest advantage we have over Android is that you don’t need to be a computer scientist to use a Windows Phone," Ballmer said. "But the cheapest phones will be Android, and we are going to have to look at bringing the cost of our handsets down."

Which, if I'm translating the FUD correctly into English, that Windows Phone hardware is too expensive and the UI is so overwritten it slows down even the more expensive phones.

more:
http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wirele...-two-big-steps

This referenced link is quite significant I think:

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=11801

Last edited by kennyc; 10-20-2011 at 06:57 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
"The biggest advantage we have over Android is that you don’t need to be a computer scientist to use a Windows Phone,"
I already told my mother she was a computer scientist as she can use her android phone even better can I can use my tablet...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I already told my mother she was a computer scientist as she can use her android phone even better can I can use my tablet...
Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
The guy certainly is a moron. There are so many holes in his statement I don't know where to begin!

I'd love to see them try to harden Windows enough for it to be eligible for use with classified data. It's not going to happen any time soon.

Thanks for posting this kennyc
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
The worst part is, I'm a certified Computer Science and Information Technology person!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Windows Mobile worldwide market share:
  • 2004 -- 23%
  • 2008 -- 14%
  • 2009 -- 8%
  • 2010 -- 5%
Yep, Balmer sure knows what he's doing as opposed to those crazy folks over at Google who don't have a clue
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
  • 2004 -- 23%
  • 2008 -- 14%
  • 2009 -- 8%
  • 2010 -- 5%
Yep, Balmer sure knows what he's doing as opposed to those crazy folks over at Google who don't have a clue
Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
  • 2004 -- 23%
  • 2008 -- 14%
  • 2009 -- 8%
  • 2010 -- 5%
That really says it all

leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
They bailed on those who actually liked and wanted to continue with Windows Mobile 6.5. I'm still using the original ROM on my HTC HD2. Sorry, I'll take Android over Windows Phone 7 any day. My next phone will be Android.

Last edited by SCION; 10-20-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: changed HD to HD2
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
  • 2004 -- 23%
  • 2008 -- 14%
  • 2009 -- 8%
  • 2010 -- 5%
Yeah, the guy can't be very bright, he thinks his name is spelled "Ballmer".

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
My opinion never changed after I saw him in this video.

=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Yeah, the guy can't be very bright, he thinks his name is spelled "Ballmer".

Regards - John
Sorry for the typo in the title...
Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #13
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Sorry for the typo in the title...
Do you really have to apologize for misspelling the name of the person you are trying to insult?
Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
My opinion never changed after I saw him in this video...

The famous Howard Dean scream doesn't seem so bad now.

SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
The famous Howard Dean scream doesn't seem so bad now.
That was pretty bad, sounded like he stepped on a poodle.
=X=