Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #61
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedroRosso View Post
Got a new unit from the Sony Store where I purchased mine and it seems to work find; been a few days and no more freezes. Talked to the sales rep (same one I purchased the original from) and he seemed really surprised that I had a good experience with customer service—then he said "wait, did you use live chat?" Yes, I had. Apparently live chat is the way to go, don't call them.
That reflects my experience as well. Got EXCELLENT customer service on live chat. On the phone I can't say it was terrible, but hit-or-miss, depending on the luck of the draw - some of their people are nice and useful, others totally rude, most ignorant. But on live chat they have always exceeded my expectations - replaced an out-of-warranty PRS900 because text was fading in the sun, refunded me for poorly formatted ebooks - and allowed me to keep the ebooks as well after the refund, sent me a brand new cover-with-light after the light stopped working, without ever asking for the old one back...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #62
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedroRosso View Post
Got a new unit from the Sony Store where I purchased mine and it seems to work find; been a few days and no more freezes. Talked to the sales rep (same one I purchased the original from) and he seemed really surprised that I had a good experience with customer service—then he said "wait, did you use live chat?" Yes, I had. Apparently live chat is the way to go, don't call them.
Thanks for the update Cedro.

Please let us know if you do get the issue again. I've been assuming it's a software issue based on some other forum posters who have exchanged theirs but interesting that a new device seemed to work for you.

I posted on Sony's support forums, will also try live chat to see what they say.

edit: Ok, just got off with Sony Live Chat and they essentially had me reset the device (holding reset button for 8 seconds) and is having me make sure unit is properly charged. Apparently should not have any problems if I do this, and recommended if I do to send it in to Sony. We'll see how this goes, but I'm not holding my breath...

Last edited by log; 10-13-2011 at 07:33 PM.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #63
kcl71
kcl71 began at the beginning.

Device: prs600, prs650, prs-t1
Hi all. Stumbled across forum searching for issue that some of you are reporting. I picked up my new t1 last Thursday and have read about 3 hours on it without any problems until tonight. About one hour into reading this evening I experienced the page flips and then lockup. Reset by method others have posted. Battery still indicates full charge. My question: purchased through Best Buy. Should I try to exchange for new one or call Sony and report my issue? Never had any problems in past with my other Sony products and this of course happens to be the first time I didn't purchase through the Sony store.
kcl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #64
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
i tried live chat but they told me to call customer service...weren't willing to do anything via chat...his name was ROBERTO in case you get him during chat.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #65
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl71 View Post
Hi all. Stumbled across forum searching for issue that some of you are reporting. I picked up my new t1 last Thursday and have read about 3 hours on it without any problems until tonight. About one hour into reading this evening I experienced the page flips and then lockup. Reset by method others have posted. Battery still indicates full charge. My question: purchased through Best Buy. Should I try to exchange for new one or call Sony and report my issue? Never had any problems in past with my other Sony products and this of course happens to be the first time I didn't purchase through the Sony store.
just swap it out at best buy and save yourself a headache.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #66
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
LOG,

have you experienced any more problems since your hard reset?
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #67
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Did not have any more problems yet. FYI only got to read a little last night and during my commute this morning.

Going to try to use swipe exclusively to turn pages to and see if problem comes up again.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #68
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Good luck. Hopefully, the issues are in a lot and not wide spread.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #69
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I just got my 3rd T1. So far it has flipped pages & froze twice. I will say it did it within the first half hour. So I reset it & it worked fine for several more hours. I was reading only the samples given. Didn't want to download a book yet.

So finally last night I bought a book from the Reader Store. And it went well for a couple of hours (I read a lot). I got through 1/3 of the book & thought, all was going to be well. NOT. It flipped pages & then froze. I finished the book with no further problems.

I need to call Sony again to talk about returning this one to them instead of the one I got from Best Buy I'm suppose to. I think I'm going to give up on it for awhile. at least till they get this straightened out.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #70
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
All these freeze-ups and page flipping, and touchscreen hangups calls out for a firmware update. I swore that both Kobo and Nook STR had similar problems when they were released this summer. I think they both had to put out updates.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #71
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'll hold off on buying due to these issues. Hopefully it'll be resolved around the Thanksgiving/Christmas shopping season.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #72
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just talked with Sony Support & Sony Relations. I will be returning both SonyT1s. Norbert in Customer relations says he sees no firmware or software updates coming up. He hinted at a firmware update may be needed.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #73
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Having worked in Customer Support a lot.... they would be one of the last ones to know if anything was in the pipeline. I do have the feeling, though, that a firmware upgrade would be in order. I just wish they would acknowledge it. It would make everything easier to swallow.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #74
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I just talked with Sony Support & Sony Relations. I will be returning both SonyT1s. Norbert in Customer relations says he sees no firmware or software updates coming up. He hinted at a firmware update may be needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Having worked in Customer Support a lot.... they would be one of the last ones to know if anything was in the pipeline. I do have the feeling, though, that a firmware upgrade would be in order. I just wish they would acknowledge it. It would make everything easier to swallow.
Im sure its coming guys. Its only been a couple weeks. As they get more complaints and returns they will do it.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #75
Pomtroll
Guru

I'm not giving up on the T1 because I really do like it. It is a great little reader when it is working. I told Norbert I would be looking to buy another in a month or two.