Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #76
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
For those of us over 60, the real question will be the life expectancy of the reader, rather than the ereader that will be the major concern.

Don
Isn't that the truth!

Or at least one that is high on the list of concerns, when in that age range.

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #77
iReaderReview
Banned
iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.

Device: kindle 2
I've had every Kindle and every Nook and most Sonys. Neither has died. Of course, the only ones heavily used have been the Kindles and Nooks.

Also been fortunate to never get any of the issues people run into. Only thing I've seen is that the Kindle 3 keyboard keys started getting rubbed off.

The most stable/sturdy ones to me seem

Kindle 3 (the one they now call Kindle Keyboard).

Nook.

Nook Color (of course, you could argue it's not strictly an 'ereader').
iReaderReview is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #78
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I got my first Kindle Keyboard in November 2010. It developed a very small screen defect (looked like a tiny drop of ink) after about four months. It didn't affect the reading experience much, but I decided to request a replacement when that device was nearing the end of its one-year warranty period. The replacement they sent is still working fine 1-1/2 years later. I'm happy.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #79
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
If all else fails, refer to the thread entitled "Another use for a Kindle"
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote