Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
geekybookworm
geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle PW
Audible’s $10 coupon

Hi all,

maybe somebody can help me. I have participated in Audible’s last BOGO Sale and thought that I qualify for the $10 coupon. (Simply use 3 credits by this Sunday, February 24, and we'll give you a $10 coupon!)
I have not received it, so I checked when I bought the books and checked the page to see if I missed the deadline and now I don’t know what to think.

http://www.audible.com/int/exc?AID=1...MA0213WS031709

At the bottom it says: Simply use three credits by Sunday, February 24, 2013, 11:59 PM ET (US), and we'll drop a $10 coupon in your account no later than March 1, 2013.

However at the top it says something different: Ends 25 February 2013 at Noon ET (Australia).

If I am not terrible mistaken, there is a couple hours difference. But I can’t see this second date, if I’m not logged into my account. (I'm from Europe.)
What now? Which time is right? I didn't meet the Australian deadline.
Is there something I have overlooked? Should I write to Audible?
Thanks.
geekybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I can't see any harm in contacting Audible. If you only missed the deadline by a few hours, they may still credit you if you ask.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the reminder of this promotion. I couldn't see this in my account either so I called (888) 283-5051, and after verifying my account a very kind lady credited the $10 to my account.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I got mine on the 1st. I'm just waiting on a sale to use it!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
I had to call to get mine.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Contact Audible. Heck, I even missed the deadline and they went ahead and did the purchases for me and added the $10 immediately to my account.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
geekybookworm
geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I have an update.
I wrote to Audible. And the good news is I will get the coupon. The bad news is that I am apparently crazy. I checked my card and I have seen that they charged me for the last 2 BOGO sale purchases.

I have talked with Audible on the phone and apparently one of the books of each order wasn't on the BOGO sale list. I feel like I am crazy. I mean I looked through the list and every time picked 2 books. I choose them from the list. I didn't even look elsewhere.

I don’t get it. What went wrong? What should I do?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you have the purchase confirmation emails? They should be able to help you figure out what happened.

Perhaps the charges were for credits?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
geekybookworm

Yes, I have them and I feel pretty stupid for not checking the emails (and my card) immediately. I would have seen right away that I was charged for the books. Ironically, I check them almost every time.
But I didn't even think anything could be wrong. I had one credit less and the sale is pretty straightforward. You pick two books and you even have a special card for them. And I had enough credits left. Why was my card charged when I could have paid for both books with my credits (if, in fact, the books were not a part of the sale)?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard

I dunno. Perhaps they were already in your cart?

Most audiobook are returnable. I'd give that a try.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekybookworm View Post
The bad news is that I am apparently crazy. I checked my card and I have seen that they charged me for the last 2 BOGO sale purchases.
That happened to me on the last Bogo sale. They charged my credit card full price for each book and didn't even apply credits. Both books were chosen from the Bogo sale pages.

Luckily I caught it immediately, the charges were refunded, and a single credit was charged. However, they then removed both books from my account. After another session with customer service the books were restored.

Audible appears to be going through changes accompanied by difficulties. Everything did work out to my satisfaction, and I think it will for you also if you are persistent.

You are not crazy. They are just messed up, but I trust it is temporary.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Geekybookworm, I've noticed that lately (past 6 months or so) whenever I buy something at Audible, the item stays in my cart even after the purchase goes through. I have to go in and remove the item from my cart. I wonder if something like that could've caused your problem?
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
Write4now
Write4now can extract oil from cheeseWrite4now can extract oil from cheeseWrite4now can extract oil from cheeseWrite4now can extract oil from cheeseWrite4now can extract oil from cheeseWrite4now can extract oil from cheeseWrite4now can extract oil from cheeseWrite4now can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle app on Android
I had to call customer service at Audible today and I have to say they are very accommodating. Scared myself first. Signed on with my Amazon account and my whole library was EMPTY! Ahhh. LOL Found out I had to link my 2 accounts and my library came back. Losing my books on Audible or Kindle would be a very, very bad day.
Write4now is offline   Reply With Quote