Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Calibre 0.8.9 released

Just a heads up calibre 8.9 just released

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
Yep, a new release comes out every Friday like clockwork. Going to the "what's new" page has become a weekly ritual for me.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
Vic333
Connoisseur
Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My update failed. I'll try again in a bit.
Vic333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Just an observation - I have upgraded to 0.8.9 (I do this every Friday when updated) and I am noticing considerable lag time when doing a search. It doesn't even return the search and I have to cancel out of Calibre. Anyone else experiencing this? Usually when I do a search, Calibre is very very fast in returning results. I am talking about a basic search for example, an author's name.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Just an observation - I have upgraded to 0.8.9 (I do this every Friday when updated) and I am noticing considerable lag time when doing a search. It doesn't even return the search and I have to cancel out of Calibre. Anyone else experiencing this? Usually when I do a search, Calibre is very very fast in returning results. I am talking about a basic search for example, an author's name.
No issue here.

Have you run the Library integrity checks?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #6
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
I have a curiosity question. When I updated to 0.8.9 from 0.8.8, the update required me to reboot the computer. I've never had to do that before. So, the question is... is this something that just happens sometimes or do I have a potential problem with my computer?

I'm running Win 7 Home 64 bit.

Other than the strange reboot, the program is running just fine and it seems that the metadata searches are faster.

Thanks for any insight. Ron
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Reboots are required if windows thinks it cannot complete the update without a reboot. Windows tends to be a little over zealous in arriving at that conclusion. A common cause is if you left calibre running while doing the update.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #8
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Leaving calibre running was probably the cause then.

I keep forgetting that I have to quit the program by using the right click on the toolbar icon to quit the program.

I always just click on the x in the upper right corner of the window to close the window thinking that the program is being automatically being shutdown. This is the usually the case for about 99% of the programs that I use, so it's just a normal action that I don't really think about.

Anyway, thanks for the info Kovid.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmcafee View Post
I always just click on the x in the upper right corner of the window to close the window thinking that the program is being automatically being shutdown. This is the usually the case for about 99% of the programs that I use, so it's just a normal action that I don't really think about.
You can change calibre to match your other 99% by going to Preferences - Look and Feel - Main Interface tab and uncheck the Enable system tray icon selection.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #10
rwmcafee
Connoisseur

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #11
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
This release will not run on my Macbook. It sits forever thinking about starting. Downgrading to 0.8.8 works fine again.

I'm not sure what specs might be needed so will leave out details unless asked .
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #12
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Update Changes Tweak

For the last several updates I have noticed that the update changes double quotation marks around carda ( which is where I want my news to go) to single quotation marks in the tweak titled "where to send downloaded news"

I have to manually change the single quotes back to double quotes each time.

It would easier if the updates left the quotes alone.
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

single and double quotation marks are equivalent in the tweaks.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #14
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
I have just updated to Calibre, version 0.8.9. Now Calibre can't find my Kobo 1.

I get:-
calibre, version 0.8.9
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

no such column: FavouritesIndex

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 333, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 276, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 724, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 667, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 611, in reset_favouritesindex
OperationalError: no such column: FavouritesIndex

I have firmware 1.8.3 (r22907, Dec 30 2010) on the Kobo.

Also all my "Books I am reading" have disappeared.

Any suggestions anyone?

John P
John2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Update your firmware to the latest available from Kobo.