Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
coeus
coeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook; Motorola Milestone
Russell, Bertrand: The Problems of Philosophy. v1. 14 Jul 2008

About the file?
This text comes from the Gutenberg Project. I reformatted the text file using BBeB Binder. Great program for manipulating text and html files to create a nicely formated BBeB file.

About the book [From Wikipedia]:

"The Problems of Philosophy (1912) is one of Bertrand Russell's attempts to create a brief and accessible guide to the problems of philosophy. Focusing on problems he believes will provoke positive and constructive discussion, Russell concentrates on knowledge rather than metaphysics.

Russell guides the reader through his famous 1910 distinction between "knowledge by acquaintance and knowledge by description" and introduces important theories of Plato, Aristotle, René Descartes, David Hume, John Locke, Immanuel Kant, Georg Hegel and others to lay the foundation for philosophical inquiry by general readers and scholars alike."

Quote:
In the following pages I have confined myself in the main to those problems of philosophy in regard to which I thought it possible to say something positive and constructive, since merely negative criticism seemed out of place. For this reason, theory of knowledge occupies a larger space than metaphysics in the present volume, and some topics much discussed by philosophers are treated very briefly, if at all.
- Bertrand Russell, Preface of The Problems of Philosophy
coeus is offline   Reply With Quote