Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #1006
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
@eschwartz thank you for your assistance. It does not appear that CM is on the device. I do not see what is shown in the images in the OP. There is no option for

Menu ==> Synchronization ==> Import collections from calibre.

I only see the usual Kindle options less the greyed out features. Nothing more.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #1007
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
@eschwartz thank you for your assistance. It does not appear that CM is on the device. I do not see what is shown in the images in the OP. There is no option for

Menu ==> Synchronization ==> Import collections from calibre.

I only see the usual Kindle options less the greyed out features. Nothing more.
... The menu while within the CM kindlet.

Add the kindlet to your Kindle!!!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #1008
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Hint: you're even in the right thread, check the first post .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:25 AM   #1009
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I will try again after a good nights sleep. Thanks! Sorry for being a pain.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #1010
tom233
tom233 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I got it working the stylus I was using for the kindle touch was not pickingup a double tap.
nice program. a search feature would be nice but it is very good program

Last edited by tom233; 07-15-2014 at 06:07 PM.
tom233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #1011
tweak4
tweak4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Here's something weird (and I'm sorry if someone else already posted it- I really did look!)
On my PW2 running 5.4.3.2, I updated to the latest collection manager. The collection manager kindlet works fine, but I've noticed that if I ever use the Kindle's normal interface for adding or removing items in a collection or the similar one for editing which collections a specific item belongs to, I can't exit that screen without rebooting the device. Basically, I get to the screen that lists all of the items or collections respectively, but I have no way to get out again- I can tap either the Done button at the bottom or the Home button at the top. In either case, the device will freeze for a second like it's trying to exit, but the screen will just flash and then come back up with the same screen I was already on.
Make sense? And has anyone else run into that?
tweak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #1012
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@tweak4: That vaguely reminds me some of how it behaved with nested collections...

Does it work if you try again (and again, and again, if need be)?

Does your device used to have nested items at some point?

Does you devices has a mix of local & cloud collections (or cloud collections at all)?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #1013
tweak4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tweak4: That vaguely reminds me some of how it behaved with nested collections...
Quote:
Does it work if you try again (and again, and again, if need be)?
So far, no. Every time I've gone into the stock UI, I've had to reboot

Quote:
Does your device used to have nested items at some point?
Nope. All collections go only one level deep

Quote:
Does you devices has a mix of local & cloud collections (or cloud collections at all)?
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to answer that. Frankly, 99% of the books that have ever been on my Kindle have been obtained from non-Amazon sources and sideloaded either directly or via Caliber, and I typically keep wi-fi off, as I have little desire to sync, and keeping it off reduces sync issues that would be caused by having my wife's kindle on the same Amazon account. However, the majority of the collections on the Kindle were created using the stock interface, so I believe they are created as cloud collections by default, aren't they?
How can you tell what type a given collection is? And is there a reliable way to create collections that are local only? We've noticed that when I create collections on my PW2, the collection often gets transferred to my wife's if we both happen to turn on wi-fi, even though her kindle doesn't contain any of the items in the collection, so she ends up with a bunch of empty collections littering her UI. It's a pretty annoying behavior...
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #1014
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tweak4: CM doesn't see Cloud collections at all (which is one way of 'identifying' them).

So, yeah, my guess is cloud collections kerfluffle, since those 'moving' collections sure sound like Cloud Collections .

There's not much that can be done on CM's side if the UI is behaving badly, but I'll check if I can at least reproduce that on my local-only device...
Old 07-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #1015
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sounds like either time to get a divorce or talk to your wife to see if she will allow you to have your own account.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #1016
tweak4

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sounds like either time to get a divorce or talk to your wife to see if she will allow you to have your own account.
Not worth the effort...
All joking aside, putting them on the same account was my idea... since Amazon's rules for sharing a book were so convoluted, we put them on the same account so that any books we purchased would be available to either of us at any time and we wouldn't have to worry about finishing a book inside of 2 weeks (or whatever it is), or whether or not we'd already borrowed a particular book before.
Of course, since we ended up getting most of our books from elsewhere and sideloading them, I guess the distinction doesn't really matter...
Old 07-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #1017
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could try downgrading to 5.4.0 (doesn't have Cloud Collections) via Ixtab's firmware images: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/PW2/
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #1018
mfsav2
mfsav2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thanks for the update
mfsav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #1019
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Version 2.7.3

Minor update to detect FW 5.3.7.2. Appears to work fine here .
Old 07-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #1020
Emyiss
Emyiss began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Okay, so here is the problem I am having.

To begin with, I know that CM has limited functionality on Firmware after 5.4.0, and NiLuJe also said my issue is a known upstream error and that 5.4.5 fixes it. But CM can't run on 5.4.5, so that doesn't help me.

Anyway, the issue at hand is, after jailbreaking and installing MKK, when I try to launch CM I get the error message "The selected application cannot be started. Please try again later". I have tried firmware versions:

5.4.2, 5.4.2.1, 5.4.2.2, 5.4.3, 5.4.3.1, 5.4.3.2, 5.4.4, 5.4.4.1, 5.4.4.2, and 5.4.5. In 5.4.5 the issue seemed to be fixed, as that error message went away, but instead I got the 'not supported message'.

With every firmware change, I have reinstalled MKK and deleted/readded CM, as well as KUAL (which gets the same error message).

So my question is, is there anyway to fix this without having to wait for 5.4.5 to be supported? I'd really like to avoid dealing with the slow and painful task of manually setting up collections.
Emyiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks