Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #961
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
The pdf reader seems to have a problem with highlighting done on the desktop using the yellow colour. You can hardly see that when you move the document back to the ereader.
Not sure what can be done with this. Probably just adding some contour to the highlighted text will solve the issue (showing that the text was selected)
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #962
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I confirm this problem
Here is my video demonstrating how Auto Crop (page settings) works in Multi Column (Paper) reading mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnN0p3BCME

It basically has three parts:
Part one - just show you how the pages do look like in "Fit To Page" zoom level.
Part two - Reading in "Two Column" mode without "Auto Crop".
Part Three- How "Auto Crop" affect the size and moving behaviour of the viewport

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #963
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
So "auto crop" in page settings is not what I wanted. Would you please explain then, how I achieve the behaviour of the old "crop margins" setting?
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #964
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here is my video demonstrating how Auto Crop (page settings) works in Multi Column (Paper) reading mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnN0p3BCME

It basically has three parts:
Part one - just show you how the pages do look like in "Fit To Page" zoom level.
Part two - Reading in "Two Column" mode without "Auto Crop".
Part Three- How "Auto Crop" affect the size and moving behaviour of the viewport
Where did you get that nice cover from? The leather one I got with mine only has two straps holding the Boox in place - is the one you have for sale on the shop somewhere?
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #965
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
So "auto crop" in page settings is not what I wanted. Would you please explain then, how I achieve the behaviour of the old "crop margins" setting?
I would also like to know this. (Btw, the only way in which I managed to simulate it is by zooming as much as possible while appropriately displacing the document to put it in the centre of the screen, and then changing pages with the stylus using the bottom bar. This is fine, though not ideal, with short documents but not for long books.)
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #966
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
I miss the old auto-crop behaviour badly, too. How can this behaviour be achived now?
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #967
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
I don't need multi-column support, but I do need a good crop margin support. Fortunately there is still the old pdf reader, so I'm switching back to it.

Besides, the new pdf reader seems very inconsistent with the djvu reader (and epub readers) which still behave "the old way".
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #968
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
Yeah...
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #969
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi guys, don't be upset. The Auto Crop will definitely become a tool, that you expect to be like. It is already working on most documents properly. Give us just a couple of days.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #970
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Any chance to improve the speed for highlighting ?
When I use the scribbling tool that is very fast.
For highlighting there is lag of about 1-1.5 sec between the move of the pen and the moment when the highlighting is complete. That breaks the fluidity of your reading process especially if you highlight a lot.

Certainly this has something to do with the way it was programmed and with the refresh speed of the screen. While the first factor can be improved the second one can't be changed.

I am not sure how complicate is this but one good solution would be to use underlining instead of highlighting. I don;t think that anybody would be bothered by this.

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 11-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #971
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
i confirm the delay of highlight Text in the new PDF Reader, the old PDF Reader ist faster for text-highlighting but the old one got the annoying automatic pop up window to enter comments, which the new pdf reader didnt have - only if i explicit touch the highlighted Text, which is defenitively a better solution.
and the feature to add underline text would be a nice addition for the notice-tools, to have both, underline text and highlight text, as well as strike out text like the android relipgo reader has.
to strike out text is as well an usefull learning-technique to actively strike out the unimportant parts of an paragraph, hence to visualize the remaining important parts to learn.

Last edited by Dolansky; 11-10-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #972
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Thank you for the new firmware. Many features are improved and I have some humble suggestions for the new update of the firmware.

- would be possible to name bookmarks with custom names instead of the current part of first line of the page as default? It will be much easier to look for the proper bookmark if there are many.

- in the new pdf reader for annotation there are choices of 5 thicknesses of lines, but in fact it always reverts to the middle one (shape 3). The old pdf reader works well with it, so using it for now.

- will it be possible to somehow update the clock? Sometimes I work on the same page for a while and the displayed time is misleading, since it is not changing until the new refresh. I had seen that the nook refreshes just the part of the screen where the clock is and not the whole one so that should not take too much of power.

Thank you,
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #973
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Actually I find text highlight faster in the new reader. As for the Auto crop function, which replaced the Hide margins option, you can work around it by using Two-point zoom.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #974
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
As for the Auto crop function, which replaced the Hide margins option, you can work around it by using Two-point zoom.
Two point crop in the page setup menu doesn't work for me well: it crops more than I indicate. (The two point zoom in the zoom menu works, but it's useless for cropping margins.) Anyway, the old pdf reader is there and works just fine
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:49 AM   #975
HerrB
HerrB began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Boox not visible on Mac OS Mountain Lion Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin101 View Post
But shouldn't the m92 appears as standard mass storage like when using a USB stick ?
A friend who is staying over has brought along his Unibody MacBook Pro with Lion installed (not Mountain Lion, though). We tried the Boox on that and it is recognised just fine. We then looked up the problem on the Apple support web site and it seems on the new(er) systems, there is a setting in the Finder Preferences where you have to make sure the Finder shows external disks. So what I was talking about a while ago (drivers missing from newer Mac OS versions) might have been incorrect information.

See here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4154436

Could you give it another shot and let me know? I am interested because I would consider upgrading to Mountain Lion too.

Cheers,
Joerg
HerrB is offline   Reply With Quote