Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast
Naderstouhy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post a couple of questions

First thanks a lot for all your previous help, you've been helpful, i don't need much time and sorry for bothering, i just need to know the place where i can find the language conditions where do calibre check for language and what is the function concerning this part of code, i also appreciate if you please tell me how to update the .po files ? i just downloaded the new translation after being modified and then replace the old .po file with the correct naming ex: en.po ; but i figured out that nothing changed, the new modifications didn't appear, also i need to know is there a possible way to change the naming of the added from ISBN Books to be able to name the folder as the (ISBN number) it self, or even change the cover.jpg to be the ISBN_number.jpg

one more thing i installed eclips also set the PyDev environement, i need to know now how to open and work with calibre within this environement and how would i be able to debug and trace using it ? ?

thanks a lot. looking forward to have a reply.

Last edited by Naderstouhy; 07-13-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Naderstouhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre.utils.localization

Instructions on how to test changes to translations are here: http://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved

You cannot change the folder naming scheme.

I dont use PyDev, so I cannot help you with that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast

i've been reading this manual for ages lol Mr kovid what do you mean by "You can test your .po file by running calibre from the command line from the directory in which the .po file resides "?

i tried to change the environement path of calibre to ...../src/calibre/translations/ (didn't work) furthermore i tried to run the __init__.py (in the translations directory ) from the cmd line i had few errors regarding the second arg which is the URL, please i just need to know what i need to do in order to update these translations ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre.utils.localization

Instructions on how to test changes to translations are here: http://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved

You cannot change the folder naming scheme.

I dont use PyDev, so I cannot help you with that.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Open a command prompt. change your directory to the directory containing the .po file.

Run calibre
Old 07-18-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast

what i did : from the command line c:/python25/.../translations :start "c:/program files/calibre2/calibre.exe"

also i tried : c:/python25/.../translations : calibre.exe ( nothing happens )

output : no execution..

also i tried from the bazaar to commit -m "" c:/.../translations
output : no changes found.

any hints ?

thanks

Quote:
Open a command prompt. change your directory to the directory containing the .po file.

Run calibre
Old 07-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The command to change directories is cd

use it to change the directory first, then launch calibre.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast

Than i'm sure i did it and unfortunately it didn't work i dunno why .. i even tried to run calibre remotely from this directory but it didn't work as well, what may be the solution ? can i update the translation from within the code ? i tried to modify some code in order to be able to update the message.mo & iso639 files but couldn't find any good result as well. thanks a lot for you precious time.

Quote:
The command to change directories is cd

use it to change the directory first, then launch calibre.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

look at lines 74-79 in localization.py they are what loads the .po file from the current directory.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:01 AM   #9
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast

i tried everything within this code, i think it's something related to the Translations.py, the Translations(POT) am i right ? if so what do this function do take as parameter ?

Quote:
look at lines 74-79 in localization.py they are what loads the .po file from the current directory.

Tags
isbn, translation