Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
xbqo
xbqo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
[SOLVED] Problem getting mpd work on kindle 3

I've been trying to compile mpd for kindle for couple of days.

I actually kinda succeed, but after playing sound for a while, mpd hangs.

Further investigation reveals the problem is in the alsa, one of the ioctl()'s return a -EIO.

I've tried several solutions, but most of them make situation worse.....

Meanwhile, the mplayer (can be found at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119851) works just fine.

Have anyone experienced similar problems and know the solution?

Last edited by xbqo; 02-15-2012 at 05:41 AM.
xbqo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
xbqo

Just modified mpd's source code a bit. Now mpd is working fine on my kindle 3.

Seems kindle 3 has a very fragile sound driver.

BTW, mpd is better than mplayer, it consume a lot less cpu than both mplayer or the bundled music player.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Would you mind sharing your source then? Since it's so much better;-) I'd like to give it a try.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
xbqo

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Would you mind sharing your source then? Since it's so much better;-) I'd like to give it a try.
Here is a patch against the master git branch which workaround the alsa problem.

I would share the binary I compiled after a little bit more testing.
Attached Files
File Type: gz 0001-for-kindle.patch.gz (1.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 02-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbqo View Post
I would share the binary I compiled after a little bit more testing.
would be great
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote