Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #31
Kindler2
Kindler2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindler6
Why...

Would anyone want to not smoke a non cigarette to not get what they don't want to start with?
Kindler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #32
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
STOP IT SATAN.
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Hmm, I'm apparently one of those silly persons.

I started smoking e-cigarettes a few months back, and haven't looked back since.

Over the years I have tried breaking the habit at least a dozen times to no avail. With the e-cigarette I get my nicotinefix instantly (as in a cigarette, and opposed to plasters, gum or inhalators who all works very slowly, which is not particularly good when cravings last for about 5 minutes every hour or so). I cut out 4000 chemicals artificially added to cigarettes and avoid tar - the by far most prominent cause of cancer. At the same time I get the oral fixation from cigarettes.

Now I know I haven't cut smoking because I'm e-smoking. But that's not really the point. The point is my clothes don't smell, approximately zero cancer risk, no risk for my child or other surroundings. And all that with no trouble at all... I changed over without any problems at all. Now I'm looking to slowly reduce the nicotine level in the juice I'm using for the e-cigarette. So one day I'll probably be a true non smoker without any hassle at all.

But I guess it's almost as hilarious as people reading books on electronic devices.

Oh btw... those e-cigarettes that look like a real cigarette simply hasn't got enough power. You need a big ugly mf like this one:

Edit: and just to make it clear, you can get juice with or without nicotine. FDA hasn't approved nicotine-juice since they consider it as medicine (even though cigarettes are on sale without the same restrictions).

Last edited by Laz116; 12-30-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
so let me get this straight, and correct me please if I'm wrong.

You are prescribing something that contains nicotine, which is the addictive ingredient, to help others quit smoking? I can see the reason here.

Now, these people come up this this product, which CONTAINS nicotine, and markets it towards the general population, and the kids think its 'cool', because its "not really smoking or polluting the environment around you"
BUT it contains an addictive product?

Am I reading this right?
I'll correct you. First of all, they market it as a smoking replacement.

Second of all, no one of the e-cigarettes contains nicotine from birth - it doesn't work that way. Any e-cigarette needs juice to run. That juice can contain nicotine, but surely doesn't necessarily. In the USA nicotine-juice is illegal. There has been few studies of the effects of nicotine-juice... but all the elements except the nicotine is buyable in any convenience store. What you need is basically Vegetable glycerin, flavouring (fx vanilla) and you got yourself some juice.

The reason that it's illegal has more to do with any nicotineproduct being labeled as medicine, therefore it has to go through expensive testing... except for cigarettes of course - despite all their ills, they are still sold everywhere, while their healthier counterparts must use a mountain of money just to get their product on the streets.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:06 AM   #35
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I want a cigarette.

Even an e-cigarette would be nice.

But, no, I won't. The addiction isn't worth it. But damn if I don't want to.

I hereby resolve to never again put anything in my lungs that doesn't improve the quality of my stereo player.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 06:33 AM   #36
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
In Poland it starts to sell very well also because the juice costs 1/5th of the price of cigarettes one would need to smoke instead. That's because 2/3rd of the price of cigarettes is government tax, and juice isn't taxed - no laws on the subject. Here companies that sell it have nothing to do with companies that sell cigarettes and tobacco, and cigarettes companies are trying to influence the government to ban it. Government seems to prefer taxing it to banning it though.
Also, the devices work by vaporizing the juice, so no chemical reaction, and the juice doesn't contain tobacco - and the law here is phrased to ban smoking/burning of tobacco in public places, so it doesn't apply to e-cigarettes. Many people like being able to smoke everywhere again.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote