Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #46
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
of course, since i live 4 floors above them, it will probably drown me in before them. then again in that case my problem would also be solved, because not very much would bother me anymore...
Well ... perhaps the water would rise from the street and not drop from the ceiling?
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
Well ... perhaps the water would rise from the street and not drop from the ceiling?
THAT would be a better solution !!! it would take a lot of water to get all the way to my appartment, i should be safe for some time.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #48
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
THAT would be a better solution !!! it would take a lot of water to get all the way to my appartment, i should be safe for some time.
And all you would have to do to escape is grow some fins and gills - which should be done relatively fast
Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
And all you would have to do to escape is grow some fins and gills - which should be done relatively fast
yes, perhaps i could mutate into a sort of siren, with a tail instead of legs.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #50
tirsales

Quote:
yes, perhaps i could mutate into a sort of siren, with a tail instead of legs.
Wrecking incoming ships is not a nice thing to do! (Or so I'm told).
Could be funny though.
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #51
zelda_pinwheel

don't worry, i'll choose my targets carefully. ^^
Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #52
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
bucketing down here too (other side of the channel)... a friend proposed we go have a drink but i told her the weather was far too depressing to go out. maybe tomorrow, if the risk of drowning on the way over has decreased.
That's why people are built with noses facing down... so we don't drown in the rain.

I'm the upside down man: my feet smell and my nose runs.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #53
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
That's why people are built with noses facing down... so we don't drown in the rain.
yes, but what if it's raining so hard that it bounces up from the street ??? or what if it's raining and there's a lot of wind ??? or what if you forget and tilt your head back to stare at the sky and search for signs of better weather ??? huh ? huh ? then what ?? it's dangerous out there i tell you !!!

Quote:
I'm the upside down man: my feet smell and my nose runs.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #54
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Are the winter clothes in the shops yet or is it still the 'summer' sales? We may need to start knitting whatever we can glean from the angora rabbits sooner rather than later.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #55
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Are the winter clothes in the shops yet or is it still the 'summer' sales? We may need to start knitting whatever we can glean from the angora rabbits sooner rather than later.
well the big summer sales are over and now the shops are full of "school" things. but if you're knitting with angora i would like to encourage you to start now, yes. will you knit for anyone, or just your own use ?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #56
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Oh, I'll knit for anyone. Of course, I won't be held responsible for what the thing actually comes out looking like, but the grateful recipients may just have to adjust their limbs accordingly.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #57
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Oh, I'll knit for anyone. Of course, I won't be held responsible for what the thing actually comes out looking like, but the grateful recipients may just have to adjust their limbs accordingly.
i'm willing to adjust for angora. although maybe you could start with a hat.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #58
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We are dry as Kindles,,, pardon, kindling, but expecting feeder bands from TS Faye to arrive tomorrow, and then probably the storm will arrive Mon. However, it's been such a crazy storm that it could go anywhere once it is back over water. I'm hoping it will be stormy enough to close down the univ, but not stormy enough to do real damage. Just me, hoping for an extra weekend day - even if it is a rainy one.

We haven't had a snow day in about 12 yrs, but we get hurricane days fairly regularly in the summers.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #59
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Hats I can do. Hats I'm good at. Hats I've practised. Admittedly, they were for Innocent Smoothie bottles.....
(back to the adjustment thing LOL)
Someone start fleecin' them thar rabbits!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #60
Mindy
Away with the Faeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Just me, hoping for an extra weekend day - even if it is a rainy one.
Well, since someone else brought it up....
YAY! Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK! And I work for a bank!!!!!
Long weekend for mee-eee, long weekend for mee-eee
Ahem.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness