Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
mumbletop
mumbletop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Pixel 5
Can't adjust line spacing in book bought from Kobo

I understand that I can't necessarily override the default formatting on sideloaded ePubs. (At least not without removing DRM. But presumably it's not really a DRM issue otherwise you wouldn't be able to read the book at all? Maybe fixable in firmware?)

But, I have a book which I bought from the Kobo store where I can adjust the font, font size, margins and justification - but not the line spacing.

Is this a feature or a bug?
mumbletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
The line spacing is probably specified in the epub by the publisher. It has nothing to do with DRM, except that you can't strip default formatting in an epub without stripping the DRM first.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert