Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Kindle-powered light?

I know that some have been trying to find a light for their Kindle that's powered by the Kindle... And, this looks like it might fit the bill. http://www.amazon.com/SimpleLight-Am...0653568&sr=1-7.

Only for the current generation of Kindles, however...
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Thanks RL!

Here, for those lazy folks who want a sneak preview before the link:

Seems nice but clearly not usable with many book-type covers I should think. Should be OK though for those who use K3 skins only though, right?
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Wow, a terrible design:
  • Butt ugly
  • Bulky
  • Cannot use the Kindle left-handed
Old 07-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Interesting! That's a start...
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Wow, a terrible design:
  • Butt ugly
  • Bulky
And would eat battery life! Who thought this gem up!
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
ron0909
Enthusiast
ron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with othersron0909 plays well with others

Device: K-3 WiFi, Kindle Paperwhite
It's too bad Amazon didn't add a couple of connection points at the top of the Kindle.
I can easily imagine clipping on a light using the same system at the top and still have all the options for covers etc. Oh hindsight...... I was also going to mention that this light would
work well with the 'flip' style covers. Darn and I just bought a regular cover

Last edited by ron0909; 07-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.
ron0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Wow, a terrible design:
  • Butt ugly
  • Bulky
Agreed, that is an awful design.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #8
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"
AthenaAtDelphi doesn't litterAthenaAtDelphi doesn't litter

Device: Asus Eee 1000H, BeBook Mini, Kindle 3 WiFi
The combination of a Super Lightweight Kindle-powered light and a grip is an interesting design , but I'm afraid that the current rather bulky (and ugly) model won't be a cash cow for Grantwood Technology .

I hope that they're currently working on a (much) more elegant design .

Last edited by AthenaAtDelphi; 07-16-2011 at 01:15 AM.
AthenaAtDelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Just get the leather case with the light if you can afford it. Its 100* better.
I second that. I absolutely love mine! I hesitated because it was quite pricey, but the quality is exceptional. The light works beautifully, and I use it far more than I expected. I don't find that it drains the battery much at all.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ dumb question but too lazy to look it up:
Can you change the bulb on the light? Or is it one of the multi-year life LED lamps?
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I second that. I absolutely love mine! I hesitated because it was quite pricey, but the quality is exceptional. The light works beautifully, and I use it far more than I expected. I don't find that it drains the battery much at all.
I agree, the lighted cover is terrific.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote