Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Acer - Iconia Android Tablet 10.1". only $449!

Well the android tablets are starting to arrive. Giving user many different form factors and choices here is Acers 10" tablet for only $449.

[Best Buy page]

=X=

Posted in News section link here
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
It's pretty crazy how many tablets are being released. In regards to Acer though, way back in the day before I knew anything about computers, I bought an Acer laptop because I was getting what I thought was a great deal......yikes.
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
ACER/Gateway are just great! The only issue I have it finding parts for it!

Packard Bell is also making Liberty Tablets (aka Acer - Iconia Android Tablet 10.1 sold for USA) for Europeans

Last edited by tipstir; 04-09-2011 at 10:14 AM.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
ACER/Gateway are just great! The only issue I have it finding parts for it!
Really? I guess my experience with Acer has left me jaded. Ironically, the laptop I have came with vista and according to the website could not be upgraded to W7. I went ahead and did it anyway and pretty much stripped it down and haven't had any real problems since except for the camera which never really worked anyway. Until I upgraded it though, I was always having issues/

Good to know
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Toshiba is also coming out with a 10" tablet. Things are starting to look interesting. I'll be waiting until August/September to make my purchase so who knows how the flood of new hardware will drive prices. A buyer's market?
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 03:40 AM   #6
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Yes our dog jump on the wife 17.3 ACER and damage the keyboard. I had long process finding the replacement and ended up getting a new one off ebay vendor. $40 ouch! I do laptop repair so the the keyboard replacement was a piece of cake. No how to do it your on your own. I own a few ACER and ACER/Gateway products there hasn't been much of an issue. Netbook runs like a champ the 15.6 Acer/Gateway with B-Ray in there red amber soft touch panel for the price and what it does fine. If they can make the happen in a tablet I would consider it.

I want to see a real Windows tablet come out even if we have to wait to Windows 9 or 10 for that to happen. Windows 8 going to be something else. Windows 7 tablets seem flaky to me at best. Android on the other hand gives you run for you money.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote