Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
thanks for this. I use it all the time on the K3 where the font is too small and the webkit browser renders the page too accurately to be useful on that small of a screen.
book of the web looks nice and i look forward to even more development.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #17
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Gardner View Post
[...] In the meantime you can suggest sites to be included in the next version of the book via this form http://www.readingthenet/bookoftheweb/suggest.
Missing the ".com".

Correct link: http://www.readingthenet.com/bookoftheweb/suggest
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #18
Robin Gardner
Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kindle
I have just updated the "Book Of The Web" to version 2. It now includes "International" and "Web Apps" sections. You can automatically update to the new book by going to the "Update this book" section.

Note: I won't post about updates to the book again. To be notified of future updates you will need to follow @readingthenet on Twitter

Robin
Robin Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #19
lobsters15
lobsters15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
I downloaded Robin Gardner's latest update for 'Book of the web' and the kindle was unable to index it. I tried to remove the book from the kindle but it remains undeleted
lobsters15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #20
Robin Gardner
Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsters15 View Post
I downloaded Robin Gardner's latest update for 'Book of the web' and the kindle was unable to index it. I tried to remove the book from the kindle but it remains undeleted
I am not that familiar with indexing. How do you go about indexing a book and how can you tell if it has not been indexed?

As for the book not deleting this is because it is in periodical format and if there are older versions stored in the archive they will replace any newer version you have deleted. To complete the delete process just make sure you delete any copies in the "archived items" folder as well as the one on the home page.

Robin
Robin Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
lobsters15
lobsters15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
All is now well. I could not delete 'Book of the web' from the kindle. There was nothing in the archives. I deleted all copies of 'book of the web' from the documents folder in the kindle after usb-ing it to my pc. I used calibre to transfer the latest 'book of the web' to the kindle.
The kindle automatically indexes downloaded books. A failure to accomplish this task with any book results in the battery draining itself as it does not give up trying to index. The latest 'book of the web' indexed itself. You can find out if a book is not indexing and causing battery problems by searching your complete books for a nonsense phrase (e.g. zzxzyk). It reports back if any book has failed to index.
lobsters15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just updated to the newest version. It's much improved over previous ones and really makes the Kindle browser usable. Excellent work.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote