Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
askyn, you can get a quasi folder view by tapping the bookshelf picture when viewing your bookshelf. Put a check mark in the "Show book categories" box. You can also sort by title or author. In the Librarian program, right click on a ebook and hover on categories. Select an existing category or make new ones that make sense to you and they'll be sorted on your reader next time you send them to it.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #17
ivon
ivon began at the beginning.

Device: i have just ordered an Ebookwise 1150 on ebay and awaiting delivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Coupe View Post
Good morning Ivon,

I answered a question from you a few days ago but I don't remember which forum it was on. Yahoo maybe?
Michael
thanks michael for your reply, it must be on this forum only as i am not on yahoo. are you reading any Bible presently on this devise?, since it is the perfect book that requires quick navigation across chapters, verse etc. this is my need basically, one can read fiction from cover to cover but not bible (or even non fiction reading may require you to quickly skip here & there). The price of 125 is about same as i am getting at ebay (it may not be new?! but they advertise it as new) ; kindle 2 is selling at 260, you think it is a better product in terms of features, ease of handling etc. if price alone is not the issue?
ivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #18
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Good morning Ivon.

I'm not much of a Bible reader but I do understand the need to bounce around while looking things up or for clarification.

The 1150 will work well for that. You can search for a verse very quickly and create bookmarks with just a tap although you can't name bookmarks. You can highlight text, write in the margins and even add a blank page to write notes on. It does not have handwriting technology so you do have to write carefully or you'll never be sure of what you were thinking at the time.

eBookwise has the King James New Testament version for $2.24USD and a search for devotional found 22 ebooks.

The e-ink readers look cool and have fantastic features but...
They are hard to read in bed in the dark, they are too light to prop up against my lunch box at work, they are too big to fit inside my lunch box. I like the size and shape of the 1150 but the contrast of an e-ink reader may be better.

Michael
Old 10-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
As far as a Bible goes,

I have 2003 NIV bible on my 1150 right now and love it. It has links to each book of the bible, link to old and new testiment section, has link for the books in alphabetical order, at the start of each chapter it has links for the different sections of that chapter ( ie - Genisis 1, Genisis 35 etc )

Here is the link for slightly different version, still NIV just newer I think, at the Fiction Wise book store ($11.50 - $15 depending on membership etc):

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b75329/?si=0

You could also go to Project Gutenberg and search for bible and get tons of free versions in many different formats etc:

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Or just look in our own eBook section:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38948
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31335
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33918
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
need advice
need advice began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
question about ebookwise 1150's abilities

I am just beginning to learn about ebook readers. I usually read books from the library and if I like them I will purchase a copy. My library offers many free ebooks, can these be downloaded to this device?
need advice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #22
250 Coupe
Groupie

Back in the day, libraries did in fact loan out ebook readers but I don't know if any still do. I have 4 or 5 original Rockets that were used as library loaners.

If you are just after free content and don't mind it being older books and not main stream, there are probably more than 100,000 titles out there.

There are 121 pages of free ebooks in the forum below one this labeled E-book uploads, IMP books.

Michael