Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #2551
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Attached is a test version with a fix (hopefully) for a problem reported with literotica.com multi-page chapters on certain readers.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-09-2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 AM   #2552
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Attached is a test version with a fix (hopefully) for a problem reported with literotica.com multi-page chapters on certain readers.
Because of another thread, I assumed that "certain readers" meant "Kobo ereaders". But, a couple of tests with the old version doesn't show any problems. Was I wrong about the readers at fault?
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #2553
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Because of another thread, I assumed that "certain readers" meant "Kobo ereaders". But, a couple of tests with the old version doesn't show any problems. Was I wrong about the readers at fault?
No, it was a Kobo reader not liking <br> as opposed to <br />.

Maybe different Kobo models/versions respond differently?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #2554
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I was right to be paranoid

As a rule, the current Kobo ereaders use the same firmware. There are differences in the UI but they are running the same code. I am running a different firmware version but I would not have expected this to be something that has changed. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if the "<br>" caused a problem but the "<br />" was OK.

And I just realised why I didn't see the problem. I have "replace_br_with_p: true" in my personal.ini. The "<br>" was disappearing completely. When I removed the option, the test cases broke on my Glo. And stories created with the updated version of the plugin work with no problems.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #2555
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As a rule, the current Kobo ereaders use the same firmware. There are differences in the UI but they are running the same code. I am running a different firmware version but I would not have expected this to be something that has changed. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if the "<br>" caused a problem but the "<br />" was OK.

And I just realised why I didn't see the problem. I have "replace_br_with_p: true" in my personal.ini. The "<br>" was disappearing completely. When I removed the option, the test cases broke on my Glo. And stories created with the updated version of the plugin work with no problems.
This problem should only be happening with literotica.com multi-page chapters. I plan to release the fix for that shortly.

Please let me know if you're seeing it anywhere else. I assume you're not, but better to ask than assume.
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #2556
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This problem should only be happening with literotica.com multi-page chapters. I plan to release the fix for that shortly.
I only had the "replace_br_with_p: true" option in the literotica section of the personal.ini.
Quote:
Please let me know if you're seeing it anywhere else. I assume you're not, but better to ask than assume.
I haven't noticed anything. If I did, you would definitely hear
Old 04-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #2557
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.8.17 - 09 Apr 2014
  • Fix for a problem with literotica.com multi-page chapters on Kobo readers.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:51 AM   #2558
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi,

I've noticed that for stories that are a single chapter and long, the html file isn't splitting on the default 260kb size.

Is there a setting in FFDL that can fix this?

Edit: forgot the example url. http://archiveofourown.org/works/1416808

Thanks,
Amalthia
Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #2559
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I've noticed that for stories that are a single chapter and long, the html file isn't splitting on the default 260kb size.

Is there a setting in FFDL that can fix this?

Edit: forgot the example url. http://archiveofourown.org/works/1416808
No, FFDL doesn't do chapter splitting right now. It hasn't been a problem for me.

Is this actually causing you problems? This post suggests that it's a somewhat outdated problem. But I'll look into it if it's causing real world problems.

If nothing else, an epub->epub convert will split them for you in the mean time.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:20 AM   #2560
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
No, FFDL doesn't do chapter splitting right now. It hasn't been a problem for me.

Is this actually causing you problems? This post suggests that it's a somewhat outdated problem. But I'll look into it if it's causing real world problems.

If nothing else, an epub->epub convert will split them for you in the mean time.
I'll know to look for the problem if the story is only one chapter and long. Basically, what happens is that parts of the stories are cut out if it hits the limit. I hadn't run into the problem before because most authors who post a story that is over 100k words long have chapters built in and Calibre splits the html files with the chapter breaks.

I'll read the link you shared and see what they recommend.

I still find the FFDL conversion being somewhat separated from the Calibre conversion somewhat confusing from time to time.

Thanks,
Amalthia
Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #2561
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a test version with a work around for a FimFiction.net bug with blockquotes.

To use it, you'll need to add this to your personal.ini:
Code:
[www.fimfiction.net]
fix_fimf_blockquotes:true
If it works, I'll probably turn that on by default when it's released.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-18-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #2562
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.8.18 - 19 Apr 2014
  • Added workaround for an issue with fimfiction.net and blockquotes. Can be turned off by adding fix_fimf_blockquotes:false to the [www.fimfiction.net] section in personal.ini if it causes problems.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #2563
susanpr
susanpr began at the beginning.

Device: generic android 4.0
All of a sudden my new downloads do not have cover pictures any more. I have the settings include_images:true and make_firstimage_cover:true set in my personal.ini and up until recently it used to work, but no longer. I can't figure out why. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #2564
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi,

which files do I need to modify to add an adapter to my copy of FFDL? I only want to get 1 story from a small archive (based on efiction).
Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #2565
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanpr View Post
All of a sudden my new downloads do not have cover pictures any more. I have the settings include_images:true and make_firstimage_cover:true set in my personal.ini and up until recently it used to work, but no longer. I can't figure out why. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks
Can you provide a story URL or two that have covers that aren't downloading for you?
Closed Thread