Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 02:17 AM   #1
kellyc
kellyc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo <-> LibraryThing integration

Anybody ever heard of any way to integrate the two?

At a minimum I would like any book I buy for Kobo to show up in LibraryThing, ideally it could even do stuff like track when the book is first completed, maybe other stuff as well.

I am not seeing anything around... I'd even try to write something myself despite my programming skills not being very good, but I am not sure where to start even...

The eink readers at least don't really have an app model like a tablet, and the desktop app doesn't have plugins, and while there is some kind of Kobo web API, it seems to be aimed only at partner stores and the like (not for apps).

So that would seem to leave trying to sneak in on the desktop/mobile app API (probably has cryptographic signing), making an app which can run on the eink system (I know it can be done, but not easy for someone like me, not easily distributed), or scraping logged in kobo webpages or similar ugliness.
kellyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The details you want to use are in the database on the device. It has the author and title and should have an ISBN for purchased books. The database also has the details about the reading status. There are a few ways to run the code you need. They have been discussed in the forum.

As the desktop application uses an identical database and is synced from the Kobo server, you could do what you want there. Or you could do it when the device is connected to the desktop using it's database. If you take that route, you could also consider a calibre plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
kellyc

Thanks. Getting a feel for the sqlite db on the desktop for now, will see what I can figure out.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KOreader has OPDS support on Kobos and Kindles. LibraryThing may or may not function with OPDS. I have used the OPDS function to access several catalogs.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:21 AM   #5
kellyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
KOreader has OPDS support on Kobos and Kindles. LibraryThing may or may not function with OPDS. I have used the OPDS function to access several catalogs.

Luck;
Ken
Hm, looks like LibraryThing does not support OPDS at this time. But I am glad to know about the spec, so thanks!
Advert

Tags
integration, librarything, social media