Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #811
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
wait what will happen to the iBook to be launched together with the IPad mini
This thread has nothing to do with iBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #812
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This thread has nothing to do with iBooks.

I was just saying!It is a mortal sin?
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #813
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
I was just saying!It is a mortal sin?
Not quite mortal but not staying on topic does tend to annoy people.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #814
mallard13
mallard13 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S, Palm Tx & 1st Gen iPod Touch
Question Version for iOS 3.1.3?

Bluefire Reader stopped working on my 1st gen iPod Touch when I made the mistake of updating to the latest version.

Is there some way to get the last version of Bluefire Reader that will work on my iPod Touch?
mallard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #815
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
If you make backups of your iPod Touch in iTunes, you can recover the last version of the app, it should be in your recycle bin on the PC or Mac, and you can just drop it in iTunes again. Better make a Google search to find more detailed instructions though, I only did it once but it worked. If you don't have an iTunes backup, I'm not sure but you probably can't get the old version back.

Have you contacted Bluefire's user support?
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #816
mallard13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
If you make backups of your iPod Touch in iTunes, you can recover the last version of the app, it should be in your recycle bin on the PC or Mac, and you can just drop it in iTunes again. Better make a Google search to find more detailed instructions though, I only did it once but it worked. If you don't have an iTunes backup, I'm not sure but you probably can't get the old version back.

Have you contacted Bluefire's user support?
Thanks. I will look into restoring from iTunes backup.

I haven't tried contacting Bluefire Support, but will soon if I cannot find the previous version in iTunes backup. I know they follow this thread & also thought that someone, like you, might know how to roll back to the previous version of Bluefire.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #817
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
iPhone 5

New version of Bluefire Reader (1.9) now available. Optimized for iPhone 5 screen size and iOS6.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #818
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard13 View Post
Bluefire Reader stopped working on my 1st gen iPod Touch when I made the mistake of updating to the latest version.

Is there some way to get the last version of Bluefire Reader that will work on my iPod Touch?
whut? App store should not make updates available to unsupported devices. Did you get the update from App Store?
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #819
mallard13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
whut? App store should not make updates available to unsupported devices. Did you get the update from App Store?
Yes, I updated a few apps, including Bluefire, via App store 'Update All' on my iPod Touch. There was no error message & Bluefire stopped working after that. When selected, the Bluefire Reader title screen would show briefly, then the display would return to the App screen.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #820
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, I updated a few apps, including Bluefire, via App store 'Update All' on my iPod Touch. There was no error message & Bluefire stopped working after that. When selected, the Bluefire Reader title screen would show briefly, then the display would return to the App screen.
I don't think this is a compatibility problem, maybe something got corrupted in the update process. I would try deleting and re-installing the app, it often works in cases like this. But as a precaution, try to recover the previous version of the app and store it in a safe place first.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 10-22-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
Old 10-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #821
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
New version of Bluefire Reader (1.9) now available. Optimized for iPhone 5 screen size and iOS6.
Thanks.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #822
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I don't think this is a compatibility problem, maybe something got corrupted in the update process. I would try deleting and re-installing the app, it often works in cases like this. But as a precaution, try to recover the previous version of the app and store in a safe place first.
It's a major issue in the app store. I had an iPhone 3G and the official Gmail would not work with it using iOS 4.1. It kept crashing. Worked fine with some version iOS 5.x on my iPad. I would rather an app say it's no longer compatible and leave me with an old version then update to a version that no longer works.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #823
mallard13

Quote:
I don't think this is a compatibility problem, maybe something got corrupted in the update process. I would try deleting and re-installing the app, it often works in cases like this. But as a precaution, try to recover the previous version of the app and store it in a safe place first.
I still haven't had the opportunity to try to find the 'old' version of Bluefire because I've been fighting with my laptop not always recovering from sleep, hibernation or shut down. Problems started after my ISP recently changed antivirus providers from fsecure (?IIRC?) to McAfee. I've now removed McAfee, replaced with Microsoft Antivirus & recoveries have happened successfully, so far. Fingers crossed.

Any ideas where I might find the backup copy of Bluefire Reader?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #824
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
I still haven't had the opportunity to try to find the 'old' version of Bluefire because I've been fighting with my laptop not always recovering from sleep, hibernation or shut down. Problems started after my ISP recently changed antivirus providers from fsecure (?IIRC?) to McAfee. I've now removed McAfee, replaced with Microsoft Antivirus & recoveries have happened successfully, so far. Fingers crossed.

Any ideas where I might find the backup copy of Bluefire Reader?
Go to the app in iTunes, there should be an option to display the file (probably if you right click). Note the file name, then run a file search for it. It should be in your trash as I said.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #825
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have no problem using the latest app on my iPad 2.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote