Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #1246
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1, RIM Playbook & Z10, Samsung Note, MacOSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@seabream -

Attached is a version that fixes your problems 1 & 3.
Thanks!

Quote:
I cannot replicate your problem 2.
I'll keep trying and see if I can find a reason. It's not a missing leading space, I know that much.

Quote:
these fake story URLs in FFDL. They demonstrate issues 2 & 3 without having to hit real servers:
http://test1.com?sid=80 [Rizzoli & Isles]
http://test1.com?sid=81 [Pitch Perfect]
http://test1.com?sid=82 [Henry (Once Upon a Time), Once Upon a Time (TV)]
I'm not sure how this works. 80 and 82 got me what is at least on quick comparison, the same piece, and 81 and 83, the same with the exception of them being In-Progress. None of which appeared to be in the listed fandoms. Rather they gave: "Crossover, Furbie, Harry Potter, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Puella Magi Madoka Magica/魔法少女まどか★マギカ". The documentation in the defaults didn't clarify things either. On the subject of clarity, sorry I couldn't come up with a clearer way to explain issue 3.

Quote:
Do you realize that your category.character system doesn't work for crossover stories?

If you're already creating lines for each character name filtered by category, that's probably where you need to add the category to the character, too.
Yeah I know. It's a trade-off. Crossovers are a minority of what I read, and having FFDL add the category this way saves me having to make lines for each character (right now I just have character lines for characters I want to change). I don't suppose that there's a way to make a line conditional on there being only one matching category? This would also be helpful for some fandoms on fanfiction.net where >90% of them have the same pairing but no listed characters.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #1247
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
I'm not sure how this works. 80 and 82 got me what is at least on quick comparison, the same piece, and 81 and 83, ...
I didn't check that change in, so it was only in the test version posted earlier, not the official release. Sorry, I should have said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
I don't suppose that there's a way to make a line conditional on there being only one matching category? This would also be helpful for some fandoms on fanfiction.net where >90% of them have the same pairing but no listed characters.
Lists have been converted to comma separated strings by that time. You can use ^ and $ around the category value to insure it only matches exactly.
Advert
Old 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #1248
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.7.14 - 18 Mar 2013
  • Fix for filling int/float custom columns with favs/etc with commas.
  • Fix for HTML entities in complex replace_metadata setups.
  • Fixes for fimfiction.net site changes.

@seabream - This version has the test1.com?sid=80-83 examples mentioned earlier.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #1249
QueenOfStars
QueenOfStars began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tab 2 7"
Hello! Ever since I updated to the latest version (1.7.14) the Rating tag from ao3.org is missing. It doesn't look like they made any changes to their code but I could be wrong. Is there a way to revert to an older version of the plugin? I can't find older versions anywhere.
Unrelated to the current problem, I've been trying for a while to convince FFDL to load the content of AO3 Rating tag to the Rating column, unsuccessfully. I can't figure out if it's impossible or if I'm doing it all wrong (probably the later).
Thank you for your time.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #1250
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@QueenOfStars -

No, past versions of the plugin are not publicly archived--that appears to be the convention for calibre plugins. I've attached 1.7.13 to this post for you to try. But be warned that I'll delete it again in a few days to avoid cluttering the forum.

FFDL doesn't populate calibre's Rating column. Calibre's Rating column is a 1-5 star rating. FFDL's Rating is a text string that varies from site to site. MA, Mature, General, YA13, Not Rated, etc, etc, etc.

If you want FFDL's rating in a column, you'll have to use a custom column for it.

Rating from http://archiveofourown.org is working fine for me. Are you sure you didn't do something in your settings trying to make it appear in the Rating column?

UPDATE Mar 24, 2013 -- As promised, I've removed the attached zip. There's nothing wrong with 1.7.14.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-24-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Delete old version
Advert
Old 03-20-2013, 03:39 AM   #1251
QueenOfStars

@JimmXinu

OK, I fixed it, I added the following to my personal.ini:

Code:
## adds to include_subject_tags instead of replacing it.
extra_subject_tags:rating
Now the rating appears in Tags column. But I'm curious, how does it work for you out-of-the-box when it's not part of the plugin-defaults.ini?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #1252
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfStars View Post
Now the rating appears in Tags column. But I'm curious, how does it work for you out-of-the-box when it's not part of the plugin-defaults.ini?
It's in titlepage_entries by default and appears on the title page inside the generated book.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #1253
QueenOfStars

Quote:
It's in titlepage_entries by default and appears on the title page inside the generated book.
Now, see, it drove me nuts because that worked for me too, the rating was missing only from the metadata.opf and the Tag column. I didn't say that in the first post though, did I? Damn, that's why I shouldn't post sleep-deprived at two o'clock in the night.

So the AO3.org rating tag appearing in the Tag column is not something that the plugin does by default, I did it by mistake when I was messing with Calibre's Rating column. Huh, how on earth did I miss that? Perhaps now I'll figure out how to put it in a column all by itself. My coding skills have 20 years worth of rust on 'em and the tag having the same name with a default column doesn't help at all.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #1254
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Arrow

I have a new test version here with several structure/usability improvements:
  • Make Add from URLs and Create Anthology for URLs modeless. That means you can open the Add/Create dialogs to put URLs in while still using the calibre library to look for duplicates, etc.
  • Add seriesUrl metadata. All sites that FFDL collects series info for now also collect a series URL. The default series on title_page is now a link. Used for...
  • Check for existing Series Anthology books (by seriesUrl) on story add/update. Similar to Reject List check, but offers to skip if you already have an anthology book for that story's series. (It doesn't offer to update the anthology for you.)
  • Add user/pass for dokuga.com.
  • Improvements to Reject List feature--allow sorting of reject list by url, title, author (when present). Improve readability of the reject dialogs.
I'd appreciate it if a few people would try this version out for a while and let me know how the new features work for you.

Thanks.

UPDATE Mar 25, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-25-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 03-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #1255
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi,

Jimm, thank you very much for the continuing improvement of the plugin.

I have a site request: http://asr3.slashzone.org/archive/index.php
Old 03-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #1256
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
I've added that the 'Sites under consideration' list.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #1257
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
I've added that the 'Sites under consideration' list.
Thank you
Old 03-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #1258
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.15 - 25 Mar 2013
  • Make Add from URLs and Create Anthology for URLs modeless. That means you can open the Add/Create dialogs to put URLs in while still using the calibre library to look for duplicates, etc.
  • Add seriesUrl metadata. All sites that FFDL collects series info for now also collect a series URL. The default series on title_page is now a link. Used for...
  • Check for existing Series Anthology books (by seriesUrl) on story add/update. Similar to Reject List check, but offers to skip if you already have an anthology book for that story's series. (It doesn't offer to update the anthology for you.)
  • Add user/pass for dokuga.com.
  • Improvements to Reject List feature--allow sorting of reject list by url, title, author (when present). Improve readability of the reject dialogs.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #1259
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.16 - 25 Mar 2013
  • Fix for fanfiction.net changes.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #1260
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Quote:
Version 1.7.16 - 25 Mar 2013
  • Fix for fanfiction.net changes.
Quick work!
Thank you for that.
Closed Thread