Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
oldbear
oldbear began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Question Kindle 2 (K2i) : which version of Duokan is still made for it ?

Hi everyone,

Recently, my brother-in-law gave me a kindle 2 (K2i) because he was not using it anymore.
I wanted to use it in particular for PDF, so I was very interrested with Duokan (the alternative OS for Kindle).
In some of the posts that I saw on Mobileread, it is mentionned that Duokan worked, by the past, on K2i. But on others, it's said that the lasts versions doesn't support K2i.

I installed without problem the version 0.5.13.8942 Beta0520 (I found it on another website) and it works, but i'm not sure it's the better version available for K2i which is available.

What version can I install on my K2i ? And where can I find it ?

Thank you very much for your help.
oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.

Duokan is not an "alternate OS", BTW. It's simply an application.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
oldbear
oldbear began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Duokan is not an "alternate OS", BTW. It's simply an application.
My mistake. I read so many things about it since yesterday that I wasn't sure.
oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbear View Post
My mistake. I read so many things about it since yesterday that I wasn't sure.
No, it's not your mistake, it's THEIR mistake. They do indeed call it an "alternate OS", but it isn't one .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, kindle 2