Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Can't figure out search function on Libre

I only have ePub books. Does this format not support searching? I don't see a search option anywhere in the context menus. Help, please?
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
I only have ePub books. Does this format not support searching? I don't see a search option anywhere in the context menus. Help, please?
Just got mine so I'm no expert. I don't think the Libre has a search function for ePubs. It does have a search function for Mobi books, but it is cumbersome to use at best. For some reason, Aluratek gave some functions to some formats and left them out for others. For example, PDFs have a TOC function whereas the other formats do not. Hopefully they will update the firmware soon.
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Thanks, Jack.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I didn't know that Libre has no search function for books in ePub format. jetBook and jetBook-Lite has it for ePub and all other formats except of PDF.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I didn't know that Libre has no search function for books in ePub format. jetBook and jetBook-Lite has it for ePub and all other formats except of PDF.
Unless I am mistaken, eReader/pdb files do not have the search function active.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I've only noticed the Libre search function in Mobi books. There is no search function in ePub. I haven't tried the other formats. libre does not have a TOC function, except in some PDFs. Does the JBL have a TOC function for ePubs and Mobi?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I've only noticed the Libre search function in Mobi books.
The search function does work on plain text ebooks. Also, the ability to change pages using the lower right buttons also works on text ebooks.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote