Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
EscapeVelocity
Connoisseur
EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook Color - Gingerbread
LookBook vs Literati vs Augen The Book vs Aluratek Color Ereaders

Thinking about picking up one of these dirt cheap, as a night reader for bed time.

Really attracted to the physical attributes of Augen The Book!

What say you? Any of these worth getting?
EscapeVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
EscapeVelocity
Connoisseur
EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.EscapeVelocity is no ebook tyro.

Or should one really just go for a cheap color LCD Android tablet, these days.
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Augen is dead, so that one is out. I'd go for a tablet.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
While I like my Literati, they have been abandoned and some folks have had trouble with theirs.

My gripes are the page forward button is too far down for my not so large hands and the library menu takes some getting used to after the simplicity of the eBookwise. The battery indicator gives no clue as to reading time left. The case stinks for a few months. It's way too easy to buy books through the reader ; )

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
EscapeVelocity
Connoisseur

Boy, you guys have some classics! I was noticing in your lists of shook readers.
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #6
reader600
reader600 began at the beginning.

Device: Augen, kindle, nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post
Thinking about picking up one of these dirt cheap, as a night reader for bed time.

Really attracted to the physical attributes of Augen The Book!

What say you? Any of these worth getting?
Yes, we own 4 Augens. I just put the books on an sd card and pass around the cards! You can also add music to your device and play it while reading your book!
reader600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post
Boy, you guys have some classics! I was noticing in your lists of shook readers.
I just noticed the eBookman is still on the list. I sold it last summer.

Of the others, I really only use the Literati and the eBookwise 1150. The others were picked up during the search for the "perfect" reader. The 1150 is still by far the favorite but, for some reason, I'm reading on the Literati more often than not.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
EscapeVelocity
Connoisseur

The Clio 1050 and HP Jornada 720 are sweet!