Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Evey
Evey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wireless
Question Kindle Keyboard Will Not Wake Up

I had my Kindle Keyboard connected to my pc to transfer some files via Calibre.

This all went as usual and I ejected my Kindle from Calibre, and left it connected to charge. About 4 hours later I unplugged the device, and lo and behold it will not wake up.

I have held the power slider for over 20 seconds. After about 6 seconds the light flashes green a couple of times and then goes out, and that's it. It's not recognised when I plug it back into the pc.

For now I have put it on the wall charger and will leave it there all night.

Any suggestions? I'm really attached to it!
Evey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post

For now I have put it on the wall charger and will leave it there all night.
The battery likely discharged via USB when the computer went to sleep.

Putting it on a wall charger is your first best solution. I don't know if overnight is necessary, but I'd go with 4-6 hours. It will probably attain a minimum charge and you will be able to wake it up in 30 minutes or so, but I'd leave it to fully charge before pulling the plug.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
Evey
Evey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wireless
Putting it on the wall charger solved the problem, thanks!
Evey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flashing light, kindle keyboard, wake