Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
EricArcadia
Connoisseur
EricArcadia began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 (2013), Nook Glowlight with Simple Touch
Issue with Calibre Companion App for T68

For some strange reason PDF's don't seem to work in being able to be open when using Calibre Companion, has anyone encountered this issue, and is there a way to fix this?
EricArcadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:45 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricArcadia View Post
For some strange reason PDF's don't seem to work in being able to be open when using Calibre Companion, has anyone encountered this issue, and is there a way to fix this?
Did you install a PDF reader?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2014, 02:32 AM   #3
EricArcadia
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Did you install a PDF reader?
Yeah, I had Adobe installed, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore for me. I'll try to see if uninstalling and reinstalling it will fix it, but I don't what's going on with it.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:04 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
CC has no capability of opening books itself - it simply passes them off to an application which advertises the capability of being able to handle a particular type of file. From the sound of it, the issue lies with your PDF app, not with CC.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-18-2014 at 04:10 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 AM   #5
EricArcadia
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
CC has no capability of opening books itself - it simply passes them off to an application which advertises the capability of being able to handle a particular type of file. From the sound of it, the issue lies with your PDF app, not with CC.
My PDf's still can be read when using Oreader, but I'll try some other PDF's readers to see if that works.
Advert
Old 07-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricArcadia View Post
My PDf's still can be read when using Oreader, but I'll try some other PDF's readers to see if that works.
Are you selecting OR as the app to open PDFs in from within CC?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:06 AM   #7
EricArcadia
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you selecting OR as the app to open PDFs in from within CC?
I'm selecting, I haven't made a default yet. I'm going to try the Foxitreader, as it seems I'm not doing too well with Adobe. Just wondering though, besides Foxit reader, what's a very good pdf app to use with the T68?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:11 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Perhaps ask for recommendations for a PDF reader in the main Android forum? More likely to get an answer there than here.

Are you saying, though, that your PDFs work when you open them directly from within OR, but don't work when you tell CC to open them in OR? If that is the case, I'd ask for help with it in the CC forum, because that may well be a CC bug.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't know about the T68 specifically, but in general RepliGo and ezPDF are two of the more popular readers specifically for PDF. Others want an ePub/PDF combo app like Mantano.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote