Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
JayKindle
Connoisseur
JayKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
How to merge two duplicate books into one folder?

I am hoping to learn how to merge two duplicate books into one folder in the calibre library?

Here is the situation:

I had imported a PDF version of the book into Calibre. It then built a folder for it in the Calibre Library. I then converted the PDF to a MOBI file and now two files sit in the same folder.

I then discovered another third party application that can convert PDF files better than Calibre. So I created a new version with a prc extension.

When I added the new version to Calibre, it created a new folder for it. Even though the title, the author and the metadata details are the same.

I wish to have the PDF, MOBI, and PRC in the same folder in Calibre--instead of it showing like a duplicate entry in Calibre.
JayKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKindle View Post
I wish to have the PDF, MOBI, and PRC in the same folder in Calibre--instead of it showing like a duplicate entry in Calibre.
In the GUI library list select the book with the best meatadata then hold the control key down and select the book you want to merge into the first book. Press M. The second selected book will now be part of the first selected book. The prc will now be sitting with the PDF and Mobi in the same book record.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Or, select the book in the library and drag prc to book details panel.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
JayKindle
Connoisseur
JayKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
Thanks.
JayKindle is offline   Reply With Quote