Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #301
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
TOP POST! FAIL!
Really?

Do we have a "shake my head" smiley? Sometimes the eyeroll isn't enough.

For something ON topic - I almost purchased a minute ago, but I walked away from it. I just might be able to beat this problem after all.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #302
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Iz confession tiem nao? <-- pretend this is a LOLcat, since we don't seem to have one

It has been two days since I purchased exactly 10 e-books and in the intervening time I have finished reading 2 and 1/3rd books* out of my paid purchases and expect to finish the remaining 2/3rds of an e-book today.

However, if there's a good discount coupon this weekend and the pricematching on some of the sale stuff lasts long enough, I fully intend to spend.

* Not necessarily the same ones as I'd purchased that day, mind you, although as it turns out, one of them was.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #303
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Hah!! I did it again!! I bought a book. Actually I bought more than one, but I do intend to admit one a day so I can come back to this thread daily, in order to feel not so alone. Remember? I was the one that has no friends and is lonely, so I have to buy them books to come here...

Spending might not buy eternal happyness but it DOES make me feel good (for a split second that is)
I feel your pain, errrr, joy! I too bought another ebook today - one of the agency 2.99 deals. And .... [brb] there's a new post in Freebies & Deals!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #304
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
so the singapore library told me that i could now check out Storm Front now it's on my kindle ;3
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #305
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Thought we'd laid this to rest the last time you went off... if you don't like it then don't read it... I have no intention of changing my posts to suit you as I made clear the last time you started this totally pointless nitpicking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
TOP POST! FAIL!
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #306
senjoli
senjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle PW, and HD8, Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glow
Quote:
I can't say no to any Fictionwise coupon 40% or higher. I can't say no to my favorite authors. I can't say no to any even slightly enticing freebie. AllRomance eBucks rebates, Books on Board rewards, I'm too weak to fight them.

It's been two days since I last purchased. My hope is to make it a week. I don't count the freebies, even though, deep down, I know they are a part of my problem.
OMG! I read your post and thought to myself "hmm I have to buy my free ebook from AllRomance by tomorrow and the SBT Bookclub book before I lose the discounts."

I've gotten to the point where I refuse to count my TBR pile. I read the DearAuthor.com blogs everyday and thing too. myself of I have to have that book too (even though I bought 4 yesterday). Then my local library had me sign up for for chapter-a-day with Suzanne Beecher so each week I think I need that book too.

It's getting so bad I've discovered I bought some of the same books from Sony store and BooksonBoard.
senjoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:03 AM   #307
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Yeah, girls, just go on braggin'!! Great! And I fu**ed it up again today. Get your salts out to really rub it in...

:howlsindespair:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You mean it's now ten minutes since you last bought an ebook?

Perhaps if you told us how it happened, we could give advice on how to avoid that situation in future.
Nah, it was five hours at the time and now it's been 18 hrs. But I bought 3 books so they will last until Monday. And then it will be a new game

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Thought we'd laid this to rest the last time you went off... if you don't like it then don't read it... I have no intention of changing my posts to suit you as I made clear the last time you started this totally pointless nitpicking...
I hate to say this, but I am with Jon. I often start reading your post, then I realize you say something referring to another post, then I have to scroll down, read the quote, scroll up again read your post and when I am finished I am quite pi**ed. Why do you make it hard for me to grasp what you're aiming at? Sometimes I am too lazy to go through this and just skip reading your post. And all because you want to do things different? Nah, you can do better!

Forgot to say: I am equally pi**ed by Jon's refusal of multi-quotes.

Maybe I am just being difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjoli View Post
It's getting so bad I've discovered I bought some of the same books from Sony store and BooksonBoard.

K. for you, you'll need it!

Last edited by Poppaea; 06-18-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:05 AM   #308
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm very pleased to announce that it's been 25 days since I last bought a book. I was sorely tempted by various sales, but rather than buying I added the books to my wishlist.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:18 AM   #309
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm very pleased to announce that it's been 25 days since I last bought a book. I was sorely tempted by various sales, but rather than buying I added the books to my wishlist.
I guess this makes you the top (brag, äh, the top) non-buyer of the thread
Old 06-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #310
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I almost purchased a minute ago, but I walked away from it. I just might be able to beat this problem after all.
Congratulatins. Yes, that's my approach too. A book comes to my atttention that sounds like something I'd enjoy, it's a good price, and now I just add it to my Amazon wish list, rather than buying it.

My wish list does has nearly 50 ebooks on it now, but much better there than glaring at me from my TBR pile.

Since I still have well over 400 ebooks on my TBR pile, I really shouldn't be buying any more ebooks at the moment. Even Fictionwise's 55% off sale this weekend can't tempt me. I know that they'll have an even better sale well before I run out of books to read.

Now 12 days since I last bought an ebook!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #311
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
Freebies are the way to go to cure the ebook addiction itch IMHO!
Not for me - lots of free books form part of some sort of series and, OCD me, I must get all the books from that series to feel complete. Not saying I have an addiction, just saying ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #312
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

No book-buy in 31hrs.

I am bored. Can't I have a tiny $0.99 book, please? I need a fix.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #313
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
No book-buy in 31hrs.

Congratulations.

No, you can't. Go and read one of the books you've already bought! Add it to a wishlist instead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #314
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Okey-dokey, boss!

Oh man, this selfhelp stuff is HARD

How about a tiny novella? *triestolooksweetandinnocent*
Old 06-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #315
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
No book-buy in 31hrs.

[*pssst* just sneak out of this thread and quietly press the "Buy Now" button - hold your hand over it so nobody hears the click! I won't squeal on you! Promise!
A fellow sufferer]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote