Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #301
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canabuc View Post
3) any reason to have both coolreader and FB reader
I tend to prefer CoolReader over FBReader, but I've already been "forced" to use the latter on 3 different books that the CoolReader couldn't open at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canabuc View Post
4)What does color dict do?
It's a dictionary app that can be used as an overly by both Coolreader and FBReader.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #302
Mirl
Mirl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Has anyone installed and tested the new orion-viewer on a rooted PRS-T1? A quick feedback + installation instructions would be much welcomed.

I find the scrolling animations in eBookDroid quite annoying with e-ink, and apparently orion-viewer solves that.
Mirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #303
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirl View Post
Has anyone installed and tested the new orion-viewer on a rooted PRS-T1?
Yes. Works well. Install instructions the same as for other APKs. Make sure you have at least 10 MB free in /data.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #304
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
does anyone test restore-set-1.0.04.12210? I've tried but it doesn't work. after running flash_reader.bat, the reader restarts any everything is like it was before.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #305
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
Did you make any progress? I need to do the same you do.
At the moment, no!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #306
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
does anyone test restore-set-1.0.04.12210? I've tried but it doesn't work. after running flash_reader.bat, the reader restarts any everything is like it was before.
What's in script.log?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #307
vietchovui
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
What's in script.log?
where I can find the script.log?

Last edited by vietchovui; 02-01-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #308
porkupan
Fanatic

In the "main memory" (external drive "READER")?
Quote:
where I can find the script.log?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #309
vietchovui
Zealot

Quote:
In the "main memory" (external drive "READER")?
Found it! Please check the attached file. After unsuccessful restoring the T1, I've tried to use the updated minimal root set. So, you could go down in the log to find what happened when I used the restore set.

Add: Is the log overwritten after using the minimal root? if yes. I'll try with the restore set and post the log again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt script.txt (31.9 KB, 1192 views)

Last edited by vietchovui; 02-01-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #310
porkupan
Fanatic

Ok, so the installer did work. However, it seems that the /data image there is not a factory.

Last edited by porkupan; 02-01-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #311
vietchovui
Zealot

Quote:
Ok, so the installed did work. Why are you saying that it didn't?
I want to unroot first with the restore set then try to reroot with the minimal root set. the first stage was not successful but the 2nd stage is well done .
Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #312
porkupan
Fanatic

1. This is not the minimal set.
2. I want to see the script log from "unroot".
Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #313
vietchovui
Zealot

I deleted the old script and run again the restore set. But this time, I cannot find the script.log. Is it automatically created during the restoring procedure?

Last edited by vietchovui; 02-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #314
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
But this time, I cannot find the script.log. Is it automatically created during the restoring procedure?
Yes, it is.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #315
vietchovui
Zealot

Not in my case. I tried many times to restore the T1 but there is no script.log created. Maybe it is because the process was not successful.
Sdcard rescue set and reset button cannot help me to turn the T1 back to original (factory) settings. I think this is happening because of the update to FW ver 1.0.04.12210.

Last edited by vietchovui; 02-02-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: add failure

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony