Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Bailout Over Normandy: WWII military history (flying)

Bailout over Normandy: A Flyboy's Adventures with the French Resistance and Other Escapades in Occupied France by Ted Fahrenwald

My uncle Ted Fahrenwald (Mom's brother) was a bomber pilot during WWII. His plane crashed over Normandy (he was adamant about saying that he was NOT shot down), and he spent some time with the Maquis, and then time as a POW. He escaped, and made his way back from France to Bodney, England, where he was stationed.

After the war, he wrote a book about his experiences. The book languished as a type-written manuscript (I had a xerox copy, which Ted never knew I had), until Ted's daughter Madelaine took the book after Ted's death and edited it somewhat, preparing to self-publish it for the benefit of the family.

Through some odd twists and turns, the book came to the attention of an agent, who sold it to Casemate, a military publisher. It's already being offered in military history bookclubs, and will be available from Amazon in August 2012.

so if you have any interest in WWII history, or flying, or just like a good read, I recommend you to:

http://www.amazon.com/BAILOUT-OVER-N...+over+normandy

(I get nothing out of this announcement, except sharing a good book)

-becca
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote