Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What should we read for May?
Dracula by Bram Stoker 11 25.00%
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 10 22.73%
Duma Key by Stephen King 5 11.36%
Afraid by Jack Kilborne 5 11.36%
Four and Twenty Black Birds by Cherie Priest 4 9.09%
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill 3 6.82%
Frankenstein: Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz 5 11.36%
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
we just need 2 more votes for Frankenstein: Prodigal Son to break the tie. I know you can do it!

Don't you need two more "you" votes to break a tie, rather than just a "you"? Isn't "you" singular? --- "Hey, you! Come over here and wash my car!" /// "What do you think you're doing?

("I know you can do it!)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
This is my first time for the BOM club. I've been looking forward to it. So, am I to assume that the selection is Dracula and that others will be reading/discussing? I'm only asking because I didn't see any announcement in this thread of it being finalized.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The book for the month of May is Dracula. The others are not one of the book club books.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #19
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
By "others" I meant to find out if anybody else is going to be reading it. I didn't want to be a member of a club of one.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #20
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
By "others" I meant to find out if anybody else is going to be reading it. I didn't want to be a member of a club of one.
I'm reading it, but finding it very slow going because I do not like epistolary novels.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
I'm reading it, but finding it very slow going because I do not like epistolary novels.
Oh it picks up. Hey, it was one of the first epistolary novels, actually.

Unfortunately, I've already read it, so I won't be participating, but I'm thinking about reading the runner up, Frankenstein.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #22
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I quite like that style when done well. I will be reading it - well, re-reading it, because it's been so long since I last read it.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find Dracula is hard going as it's one of those books I have to concentrate on. I do hope it picks up as it's way over descriptive to start with.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #24
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm reading it and enjoying it.

For some reason I hear Keanuu Reeves voice whenever I'm reading Jonathan quotes, Anthony Hopkins during Van Helsings quotes, ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:57 AM   #25
Fathermole
Connoisseur
Fathermole began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
It was a good read slow start but gets better . Thank god I didn't see the movie with Keanuu . It have killed the book .
Fathermole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Yes, it is very slow going. I'm having a hard time getting into it at the moment. I do hope it picks up soon.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #27
jolynna
jolynna began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I've read it several times. It does pick up. At a point there will be several different stories going on. Each is is an interlocking piece of the puzzle.
jolynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm up to chapter 5. I do have to get going on reading it.