Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-23-2023, 03:07 AM   #1
Fenrag
Fenrag began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Possible gesture bug

When I set up a long press gesture in a corner, which contains toggle lighting and toggle night mode, pressing it also turns the page.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or have a conflict while doing both actions.

Thank you
Fenrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 04:38 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Cannot reproduce.
Please verify you have no other actions checked besides of Toggle frontlight and Toggle night mode.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2023, 12:27 PM   #3
Fenrag

I have it configured that with a touch on that corner it turns 1 page and with a long touch it switches lighting and night mode.

I don't see anything else activated, in the left corner I have activated with a touch, which turns - 1 page, and with a long touch that only shift lighting
Old 10-23-2023, 01:42 PM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I set
Tap corner - Top right - Turn pages: 1
Long-press on corner - Top right (2 actions) - Toggle frontlight + Toggle night mode.

Works as intended.
Old 10-23-2023, 02:07 PM   #5
Fenrag

I'm doing it in the lower right corner, let's see if it works correctly there too.
Advert
Old 10-23-2023, 02:17 PM   #6
hius07
Wizard

Succeeded for bottom right as well.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:01 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not that it should matter, but, one never knows... In what kind of document are you trying this?

(And, also, on which KOReader version?).

Also, verbose debug logs would be helpful .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 02:50 AM   #8
Fenrag

Koreader version: KOReader 2023.08 "Lavender"

I have noticed that with this configuration, one touch to turn "x" page, and a long touch to switch lighting, and change night mode. If I keep it pressed, a loop is generated that keeps alternating everything, and when I let it go the page turns.

I share a video I have made:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Jw...usp=drive_link

(Forgive me if I am breaking any rules with the link, I don't know how to do it any other way)

Thank you
Old 10-24-2023, 03:32 AM   #9
hius07
Wizard

I remember there were some issues reported about Kobo and (physical?) key repeating.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:31 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
I remember there were some issues reported about Kobo and (physical?) key repeating.
Yup, repeat handling only applies to physical keys, so, ought to be irrelevant on a Clara HD.

I'm going to need verbose debug logs, because I can't think of any reason for this sort of thing to generate anything else than a *single* hold gesture, unless the touch screen is spitting out *very* weird stuff.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, corner, gesture