Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2023, 06:56 PM   #1
ColbyRingeisen
ColbyRingeisen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle from Nook
Question Read old Nook books on my Kindle?

Newbie here, my old Barnes and Noble Nook died several years back (2019?), and I've been using a Kindle ever since. I am able to log into my B&N account and can see that I have 80+ books that I previously paid for and want to read on my Kindle. I've done some research on this forum and found and installed Calibre and the DeDRM plug-in on my Win11 laptop. I also installed the Nook app on my Win11 laptop (that and the Nook app for Android are the only way I can currently access my B&K Nook content as I no longer have a Nook device).

Is there still a way I can get to the Nook book files (either via the Nook app on Win11 or the Nook app on Android) or am I SOL until I get an actual Nook device that Calibre will recognize when plugged into my laptop?

Everything I've found on this forum so far is ancient and references using older versions of the Nook for Windows application which I can't find anywhere. On newer Win11 and Android, I can't seem to find the Nook book files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Colby
Nook Android app (6.5.1.29) on Samsung Fold 3 running Android 13
Nook Win11 app (1.11.0.4) on Win11 laptop (22H2 buidl 22621.2070)
Calibre (6.24.0) w/ DeDRM (7.2.1) also on Win11 laptop
ColbyRingeisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 08:11 AM   #2
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyRingeisen View Post
Is there still a way I can get to the Nook book files (either via the Nook app on Win11 or the Nook app on Android) or am I SOL until I get an actual Nook device that Calibre will recognize when plugged into my laptop?

Everything I've found on this forum so far is ancient and references using older versions of the Nook for Windows application which I can't find anywhere. On newer Win11 and Android, I can't seem to find the Nook book files.
On your Windows Computer, the Nook Books are stored in the following folder:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Packages\BarnesNoble.Nook_ahnzq zva31enc\LocalState

The book files do not reflect the title of the books, but rather they are numbers and letters. Just import them into Calibre.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2023, 03:36 PM   #3
The_Enobee
The_Enobee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
The DeDRM plugin will require customization (if you haven't already). The B&N key needs to be imported from the Nook app.
The_Enobee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, calibre, dedrm, epub, nook