Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2023, 11:04 AM   #1
Mr.Bin
Mr.Bin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation Can not boot after update.

Hello,

My Kobo Libra 2 connect to WIFI and it push an update notice, then click update(plugged the power). But when the Power icon disappear, the three dots doesn't came out.
The light on the right corner keep blink, the screen it entire white. That's all.

I'd tried to power it off and restart, but it doesn't work, the screen refresh once during powered up, then turn white again, the light keep blinking...

I'd tried manually factory reset. Doesn't work either.

Does anyone know how to fix that?! IS IT GONE?!
Anything helpful will be great! Thanks!
Mr.Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:34 AM   #2
k995
k995 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara HD
Sam here, kobo clara
k995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2023, 01:54 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to try requesting a firmware image for your devices. Please post in the appropriate thread in the Kobo Developer's Forum. See the Index of SD Card Image Firmware Request Threads to locate the appropriate thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 01:28 AM   #4
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
My Clara HD updated two nights ago and crashed on reboot. White screen for ages with the light blinking. I force shut it off by holding the power button. Waited a few seconds, then press and held the power button again. It resumed its install. Very nerve wracking.

Have you tried plugging it into a power supply, then tried to reboot it?
Did you let it charge for a while to make sure it hadn’t died during the install?
Have you tried to plug it into your computer and use Kobo Desktop to reinitialize it?

Any one of these methods have jumpstarted a frozen Kobo for me in the past. DSNB’s suggestion is a good one, too.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug