Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-12-2021, 08:55 PM   #1
DaleJV
DaleJV began at the beginning.

Device: IOS and Windows
Exclamation Read position not syncing across devices

I use only the Calibre web reader on both my IOS and Windows device so that the read data can sync at all times.

However, it seems to be that it only syncs on my Windows computer. When I go to my IOS device (Iphone 8 Plus) it starts from page 1 again.

It seems to sync the reading position across all computers, just not my phone.

When I press reload the book nothing happens. When I press sync, nothing happens. It just starts from page 1 again.

All help is appreciated!

Last edited by DaleJV; 12-12-2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Added extra information
DaleJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are using the same content server user account on both devices I assume?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2021, 10:28 PM   #3
DaleJV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You are using the same content server user account on both devices I assume?
That is correct. On all browsers, I use the same user account.
Old 12-12-2021, 11:34 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's possible it doesnt work in iOS, Safari is by far the worst browser of the lot and Apple doesnt allow any other browser engines on their phones. Does it work in safari on your mac (assuming you have one). And if it doesnt, can you open developer tools in safari on your mac and post any error messages that show up in the console there.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:34 AM   #5
DaleJV

Quote:
It's possible it doesnt work in iOS, Safari is by far the worst browser of the lot and Apple doesnt allow any other browser engines on their phones. Does it work in safari on your mac (assuming you have one). And if it doesnt, can you open developer tools in safari on your mac and post any error messages that show up in the console there.
I tried it on both Safari and Chrome on my Iphone and they both do not sync at all. It seems that when ever you hit sync, it takes you to page 1. I do not have a mac as all my computers run on Windows.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks for the help and the amazing program!!
Advert
Old 12-13-2021, 01:46 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJV View Post
I tried it on both Safari and Chrome on my Iphone and they both do not sync at all. It seems that when ever you hit sync, it takes you to page 1. I do not have a mac as all my computers run on Windows.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks for the help and the amazing program!!
As @kovidgoyal mentioned, it doesn't matter what browser you use on iOS since Apple only permits their rendering engine to be used. Unlike other systems, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc. on iOS are wrappers around Apple's renderer which, basically, means if one of them won't work, none of them will work.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 01:49 AM   #7
DaleJV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As @kovidgoyal mentioned, it doesn't matter what browser you use on iOS since Apple only permits their rendering engine to be used. Unlike other systems, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc. on iOS are wrappers around Apple's renderer which, basically, means if one of them won't work, none of them will work.
Ah okay, I understand it now. That is quite frustrating.

I just hope there is some workaround as I use my phone a lot for reading ebooks.
Old 12-13-2021, 02:14 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Sadly I dont currently posses a working iOS device so its hard for me to test. I will see if I can replicate it on my mac safari however, when I have a moment.
Old 12-13-2021, 02:18 AM   #9
DaleJV

Quote:
Sadly I dont currently posses a working iOS device so its hard for me to test. I will see if I can replicate it on my mac safari however, when I have a moment.
Thank you so much for this!

Take your time, there is not much of a rush.

I appreciate the help either way!
Old 12-14-2021, 07:44 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I tried it on my mac with the following steps:

1) opena book on my main computer and scroll to chapter two
2) open the same book on safari on the mac, it opened at chapter two
3) close book on main computer
4) scroll to chapter four in safari
5) open book in main computer, it opens at chapter 4

I'm afraid I cant do much else without an iOS device, sorry.

Tags
bug