Connoisseur
davidhcje began at the beginning.

Device: android phone
Exclamation bug: toc editor doesn't save the edit

procedure to reproduce the problem:
  1. open toc editor
  2. create any number of entries as you wish
  3. click on "new entry inside this entry"
  4. click "cancel" (this step is the key to reproduce this problem)
  5. click "okey"
then, all edits made earlier would be lost.
davidhcje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Does not reproduce for me. You probably double clicked the cancel button, and the second click hit the main screen cancel button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2021, 11:12 AM   #3
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
For me toc editor doesn't save my edits if I make 8 or more of them.

See if you can reproduce this:

1. Open toc editor

2. Create 8 or more new entries (inside, above, below)

3. Close toc editor with 'OK'

4. Now the entries are not saved for me

Same thing happens for other kinds of edits, for example removing 8 or more entries (one at a time).

However the edits are saved when I make 7 (or fewer) of them.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #4
lomkiri
Zealot
lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
I created 10 entries everywhere in the ToC, all changes were normally recorded.
Wouldn't it be a problem on the ToC of that specific ebook?
lomkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And this will take care of the accidental multiple click cusing window to close problem: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...dba5e792e2ce37
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2021, 01:18 PM   #6
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomkiri View Post
I created 10 entries everywhere in the ToC, all changes were normally recorded.
Wouldn't it be a problem on the ToC of that specific ebook?
No, it's like that for any epub.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I've had the same issue, with several different books. Not clicking the cancel button. It seems having a certain number of edits triggers it.

Last edited by Sirtel; 10-19-2021 at 03:31 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:27 PM   #8
davidhcje
Connoisseur
davidhcje began at the beginning.

Device: android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
For me toc editor doesn't save my edits if I make 8 or more of them.

See if you can reproduce this:

1. Open toc editor

2. Create 8 or more new entries (inside, above, below)

3. Close toc editor with 'OK'

4. Now the entries are not saved for me

Same thing happens for other kinds of edits, for example removing 8 or more entries (one at a time).

However the edits are saved when I make 7 (or fewer) of them.
Unfortunately, this doesn't happen for me. I made 14 new entries inside an entry, and it was fine. then, I deleted those 14 entries and it was also fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Does not reproduce for me. You probably double clicked the cancel button, and the second click hit the main screen cancel button.
I don't think that's the case, since I still made more edits after clicking the cancel button. It seems that I didn't close the window altogether.
davidhcje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, editor, toc