Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #1
frangelica
frangelica began at the beginning.

Device: nook, palm pre
Barnes & Noble key can't be retrieved

I recently had to re-install Calibre and all of its plugins to my computer. After adding DeDRM, I tried to retrieve my Barnes & Noble Nook Key, and cannot do so. While I've tried to research this and found this article https://www.aricrenzo.gq/2019-12-13-...r-Nook-Ebooks/ I'm afraid I got completely lost in the weeds.

Is there any way to force a key retrieval for BN books right now?
frangelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by frangelica View Post
I recently had to re-install Calibre and all of its plugins to my computer. After adding DeDRM, I tried to retrieve my Barnes & Noble Nook Key, and cannot do so. While I've tried to research this and found this article https://www.aricrenzo.gq/2019-12-13-...r-Nook-Ebooks/ I'm afraid I got completely lost in the weeds.

Is there any way to force a key retrieval for BN books right now?
This should probably be in the B&N forum. I had a look there and found this Plugin won't de-DRM legal Nook book, but no solution was offered, apart from - stop buyiing books from B&N

I doubt anyone could explain aric.renzo's process in writing any better than you already have. I suggest you find someone with some 'technical skills' who can sit with you and step though aric.renzo's process.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
frangelica

Thanks! It's good to know that I didn't miss anything in my research. That's all I came up with as well.

I normally can follow instructions, but once I got to "You should have an Android-SDK directory available in your home directory. My is located under: ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools – In this directory there should be an abd executable."----well, I had nothing vaguely resembling that directory anywhere on the drive where the virtual image was installed.

As the proud owner of a several old Nooks, maybe I'll just root it. I did that once with no problem.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:38 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe you could contact the author (Aric.Renzo) of article you posted via his GitHub or LinkedIn account.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #5
frangelica

An EXCELLENT idea!
Advert

Tags
barnes & noble, dedrm, key, nook