Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #1
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
nook cover question

I have what should be a simple question, but which is for some reason causing a lot of confusion. If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

We bought a Nook Simple Touch (no glowlight) for a family member about a year or so ago.

We wanted to buy a basic cover that will fit it and help protect it during occasional travel ... unfortunately, I'm not in the same country right now as the reader, making it hard to check its size. I've been looking around Ebay and Amazon, and am really confused about how covers are listed as Simple Touch, Simple Touch 2.0, Simple Touch with Glowlight covers, or sometimes two of the three. Which size cover am I (most likely) looking for? Or all these all really the same? Has the Nook changed size? Or is there a way to get the person who has the reader to easily find this out (he's not very tech-savvy).

Thanks for any help.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:47 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Hey dakini. The Nook Simple Touch and the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight are the same size. A cover that works for one will work for the other.

First they made the Nook. Then there was the Nook Simple Touch (aka: Nook 2.0). Then there was the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, which was just an incremental improvement. Then there's the current Nook Glowlight, which is a complete redesign.

Here's the Wikipedia page for the Nook Simple Touch: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nook_Simple_Touch (it has the device's dimensions.)

Last edited by ZodWallop; 06-28-2015 at 01:57 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2015, 01:55 AM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
By the way, I really like the design of the Nook Simple Touch. It's very comfortable to hold. I store my Nook in a zippered, padded sleeve rather than a cover. Just one man's opinion, your mileage may vary.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 06-28-2015 at 01:59 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:20 AM   #4
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks ZodWallop. That clarifies things a lot!
Old 06-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
kalwisti
Enthusiast
kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
Hi, dakini,

Just a follow-up to what ZodWallop wrote ... I still have a working Nook Simple Touch, with a faux leather case that I purchased from B&N ca. Nov. 2011. It has held up well and holds the reader securely. IIRC, it cost around $30.

Doing a bit of searching, I found a cover that should work for your relative:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barnes-Noble...item19e65278ae

My case is almost identical to the one above, except that it lacks the quotation on the front cover -- instead, it has "Nook" embossed in the lower right corner. (Note: I am not affiliated with this seller in any way, and have never placed an order with them).

One important feature to look for in a case of this type is the bar clip mechanism: two curved pieces of gray plastic which snap into slots at the top and bottom of the Nook ST reader. This mechanism is what holds the e-reader securely in place inside the case.

The exterior dimensions of my case (when closed) are 7" H x 5 3/4" W.

Hope this helps.

Below are some photos (kindly taken by my son). They are not too large, so I hope it's OK to insert them.

Last edited by kalwisti; 06-28-2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added links to photos; edited links for smaller thumbnails.
kalwisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #6
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
This sort of cover works quite well for my NOOK Simple Touch. Available in a variety of colors from a number of different vendors. And quite reasonable priced, too!

http://www.amazon.com/Synthetic-Leat...ok+touch+cover
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
dakini
not "it"

Thanks everyone. The one I had my eye on is almost identical to the one Calenorn has posted.