Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #76
zhangsiyan12134
zhangsiyan12134 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Is it possible to have something similar to Cydia? That would be fun~
zhangsiyan12134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangsiyan12134 View Post
Is it possible to have something similar to Cydia? That would be fun~
Most likely not practical.

And since these grayscale kindles are running a custom Amazon OS, there isn't any repositories to download from.

Also, keep in mind that patchelf has to be run on every binary as it gets installed to make its path and interpreter fit our install tree.

NiLuje's MrPI is about the best you can do, after selecting your package(s) from this forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #78
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That, and the fact that enabling wireless is basically a terrible idea if you hope to keep a modicum of control over your device, making remote anything unpractical at best.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #79
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Builds:
ARMhf-A8-VFPV3D16
( for K4 ... PW1 and will run on PW2, matches current Debian/Ubuntu applications.
See: https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort )
Spoiler:

Code:
BR2_ARCH="arm"
BR2_ENDIAN="LITTLE"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ARCH="armv7-a"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ABI="aapcs-linux"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_CPU="cortex-a8"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_FPU="vfpv3-d16"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_FLOAT_ABI="hard"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_MODE="arm"
BR2_ARM_CPU_HAS_NEON=y
BR2_ARM_CPU_HAS_VFPV2=y
BR2_ARM_CPU_HAS_VFPV3=y
BR2_ARM_CPU_HAS_THUMB2=y
BR2_cortex_a8=y
BR2_ARM_EABIHF=y
BR2_ARM_FPU_VFPV3D16=y
BR2_ARM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARM_CHOICE=y
BR2_ARM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARM=y

ARMhf-A9-NEON ( for PW2 )
Spoiler:

Code:
BR2_ARCH="arm"
BR2_ENDIAN="LITTLE"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ARCH="armv7-a"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_ABI="aapcs-linux"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_CPU="cortex-a9"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_FPU="neon"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_FLOAT_ABI="hard"
BR2_GCC_TARGET_MODE="arm"
BR2_ARM_CPU_HAS_NEON=y
BR2_ARM_CPU_MAYBE_HAS_NEON=y
BR2_ARM_CPU_MAYBE_HAS_VFPV2=y
BR2_ARM_CPU_MAYBE_HAS_VFPV3=y
BR2_ARM_CPU_HAS_THUMB2=y
BR2_cortex_a9=y
BR2_ARM_EABIHF=y
BR2_ARM_ENABLE_NEON=y
BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON=y
BR2_ARM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARM_CHOICE=y
BR2_ARM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARM=y
Do you still have ARMhf-A9-NEON build?
Can you share it?
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #80
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Do you still have ARMhf-A9-NEON build?
Can you share it?
That is a typo.
None of the Kindles used a Cortex-A9 at the time I built that.
I.E: I did that prior to the introduction of the PW-2 (i.MX6SL SoC).
Advert
Old 07-16-2017, 02:21 AM   #81
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

can you build it?
Old 07-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #82
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
can you build it?
I should be able to, I just recently stumbled across the directory full of things from that project. *

What is the ARCH of your development host?
I should also build an update of patchelf from whatever its current version is (the old one posted had problems with a few corner cases).

{or, perhaps better, can the package management of your development host provide you with a current build of patchelf?}
I.E: patchelf is run on the host, to do binary edits to the ARM packages before they get used.

- - - -

* All I have to do is be able to find it when looking for it.

Last edited by knc1; 07-16-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #83
encol
Evangelist

do you mean this?
Code:
root@debEnz>dpkg --print-architecture
amd64
patchelf 0.10 can be OK? (i built it from source)
Attached Files
File Type: zip patchelf.zip (406.6 KB, 202 views)
Old 07-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #84
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
do you mean this?
Code:
root@debEnz>dpkg --print-architecture
amd64
patchelf 0.10 can be OK? (i built it from source)
Yes, that is what I meant.
I was hoping you where not using a ppc Mac, I am not sure I can build for that target.

But what you did should have included fixes for the problems of the older version I had posted.

Tags
armhf