Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #46
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I'll be buying both the HD and HD+ soon. Now the only thing I'm still unsure of is whether it's worth shelling out an extra $30 each for the higher capacity models given the devices have a microSD card for expansion.

Does the Nook allow you to download purchased ebooks to microSD? Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #47
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I'll be buying both the HD and HD+ soon. Now the only thing I'm still unsure of is whether it's worth shelling out an extra $30 each for the higher capacity models given the devices have a microSD card for expansion.

Does the Nook allow you to download purchased ebooks to microSD? Thanks!
B&N books cannot be stored on the microSD card (except of course if you sideload them). But books are usually less than 1mb in size, so for books you do not need the extra memory.
But apps are also only installed in the internal memory. The same is true for the digital B&N magazines and enhanced books, both of which can be very large.

If you are planning to use the Nook as an ereader only, then you do not need the extra memory. Otherwise buy the higher capacity model. There is no such thing as too much memory!
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #48
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
B&N books cannot be stored on the microSD card (except of course if you sideload them). But books are usually less than 1mb in size, so for books you do not need the extra memory.
But apps are also only installed in the internal memory. The same is true for the digital B&N magazines and enhanced books, both of which can be very large.

If you are planning to use the Nook as an ereader only, then you do not need the extra memory. Otherwise buy the higher capacity model. There is no such thing as too much memory!
I'm not big on apps but I've got a bunch of Nook Comics. Right now, I'm already at 25GB of purchased Nook Comics. I was just making a spreadsheet of purchased Nook Books the other day and I've apparently spent close to $1,600 on B&N in the last year without really noticing.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #49
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
I'm not big on apps but I've got a bunch of Nook Comics. Right now, I'm already at 25GB of purchased Nook Comics. I was just making a spreadsheet of purchased Nook Books the other day and I've apparently spent close to $1,600 on B&N in the last year without really noticing.
B&N noticed fur sure, lol ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #50
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
B&N noticed fur sure, lol ...
And thanked you.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #51
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Always, always get the highest capacity drive that you can afford. I just got the 16GB Nook HD a couple weeks ago, and my onboard card is already half full will various apps and interactive books. If I had only gotten the 8GB Nook HD I would already be SOL re new apps; I'd have to remove some since we can't seem to sideload apps on the external SD card.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #52
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Always, always get the highest capacity drive that you can afford. I just got the 16GB Nook HD a couple weeks ago, and my onboard card is already half full will various apps and interactive books. If I had only gotten the 8GB Nook HD I would already be SOL re new apps; I'd have to remove some since we can't seem to sideload apps on the external SD card.
I actually ended up not buying any. Upon further thought, I don't think I would've used the Nooks much if I had bought them. I've already got several good tablets on hand so the Nooks would probably just be stashed on the tablet pile. I did, however, use the funds to buy 20+ volumes of Nook Comics on my to-buy list.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #53
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
I actually ended up not buying any. Upon further thought, I don't think I would've used the Nooks much if I had bought them. I've already got several good tablets on hand so the Nooks would probably just be stashed on the tablet pile. I did, however, use the funds to buy 20+ volumes of Nook Comics on my to-buy list.
A couple years ago the ereader community was mocking Deep Space Nine for showing people juggling stacks of readers/tablets, but it's looking more and more like they had it right.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #54
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
I did, however, use the funds to buy 20+ volumes of Nook Comics on my to-buy list.
Thanks to my new HD+, I discovered how easily one could purchase graphic novels from comiXology. Sigh... More ways to spend money
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #55
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Thanks to my new HD+, I discovered how easily one could purchase graphic novels from comiXology. Sigh... More ways to spend money
I don't like comiXology. They use a proprietary system and there's no way to backup purchases so I never really buy comics from there.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #56
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Speaking of comics, I just found out that the old Classics Illustrated and Classics Illustrated Junior are available.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote