Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Getting Author Name to appear in book list

Hi,

I'm trying to get my T1 up and running and started loading books from my Calibre library tonight. When I choose Books from the home screen and choose the list view I get only the book name, not the author also. My older Sony readers would show both the title and author. Does anyone know how to fix this or is it no longer possible?

I did change the metadata plugin per this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=show+author but didn't include the series info since I have built the series into my book titles and I'm not going back and changing everything.

When I am in a collection it does show both but there are a lot of collections showing that I didn't add so I don't know what is going on there and usually don't browse by collection anyway.

Thanks.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
When in your Books list - press the Menu button and select the "title 2 line view" option if your "meta data " is OK then the Author should be shown on the second line
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Thanks,
I'll check again tonight but I'm pretty certain that all that showed on the second line was the date.

I'm having a real problem with my collections, I am getting pages of books with Removing.... as the title so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to use that view if I can't resolve.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
Thanks,
I'll check again tonight but I'm pretty certain that all that showed on the second line was the date.
If you're seeing Date as the 2nd line I think your main booklist is being sorted by 'Date'. Just tap the little Sort-by button labeled 'az' (second right at the top of the Booklist screen) and change to 'Author' (or 'Title')
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Yeah that is right you must have your list sorted by Title or Author or Latest Read for the author to show up in the second line
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
bookfanmd
Addict

I see, the names are showing now. Thanks!